Supra visibility

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
So if you any of you have been reading my threads you will know that I've been wanting to buy a supra for a lil while. Yesterday I went to test drive the 4cyl to get an idea of how the car rides unfortunately the 6cyl was not available. I loved everything about the car except for one thing the visibility ur lowkey blind while driving, but the blind spots help a bit, but to my supra owners out there how did u cope with it ur did u just get used to it?
Sponsored

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
You get used to the lack of visibility compared to other vehicles. Once you get that second sense of the size and where your tires are itā€™s no longer a problem. For the blind spots, in a recent thread about it I had put a link to some blind spot mirrors I use. Between them and the windows I can see completely around the vehicle no problem.

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
It shields outside viewers from seeing ugly driver inside so it works out for me. :dunno:

370Z had much worse visibility so hasnā€™t bothered me..

OP
OP
D3ad_Hand

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
You get used to the lack of visibility compared to other vehicles. Once you get that second sense of the size and where your tires are itā€™s no longer a problem. For the blind spots, in a recent thread about it I had put a link to some blind spot mirrors I use. Between them and the windows I can see completely around the vehicle no problem.
I think I saw that thread ama check it out real quick but I get what you mean thats nice to hear man

OP
OP
D3ad_Hand

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It shields outside viewers from seeing ugly driver inside so it works out for me. :dunno:

370Z had much worse visibility so hasnā€™t bothered me..
oh come on bro i bet u look good lmao. well i have some experience with 350z so I guess it aint gonna be that bad

comic0guy

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
BRZ
Did you take the time to adjust your seat? I agree it's not great, but my first test drive I thought the mirror blocked everything. My next one I took the time to adjust and it improved.

MKV2021

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'21 Supra 3.0 premium
Adjust your mirrors properly and blind spots aren't an issue in the car. Your side mirrors should be a few degrees past the body lines.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/a15131074/how-to-adjust-your-mirrors-to-avoid-blind-spots/
This was the very article that made a world of difference for me. I had just gotten a 370Z not long before this, and instead of half of my mirrors being filled with rear fender like a moron, doing no good whatsoever, I had what was essentially a panoramic view of the space behind me. Just the slightest bit of overlap between the 3 mirrors to ensure you're not missing anything, and the improvement was massive. In this day and age of increasingly incompetent drivers, we need all the help we can get.

Patina

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'20 Nitro Yellow
This was the very article that made a world of difference for me. I had just gotten a 370Z not long before this, and instead of half of my mirrors being filled with rear fender like a moron, doing no good whatsoever, I had what was essentially a panoramic view of the space behind me. Just the slightest bit of overlap between the 3 mirrors to ensure you're not missing anything, and the improvement was massive. In this day and age of increasingly incompetent drivers, we need all the help we can get.
You can also heavily 'cheat' by simply getting aftermarket glass for the side mirrors. See my post here about the massive increase in visibility, it's night and day.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
100% agree with side mirror adjustment. When Iā€™m sitting at a light and can make eye contact with the driver in front of me in the side mirror I want to get out of my car and proceed to tell them just how stupid they are. It is a HUGE pet peeve of mine.

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
Convex mirror replacements make all the difference. The Suma one was linked above, I have Rexpeed, either is worlds better than stock.

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)
I always feel really weird when I hop into a "normal" car or SUV with crazy visibility.
Recently rented a 2020 Nissan Rogue and it felt like I was in a glass bubble I had so much visibility.
Hoping back into the Supra after a week of that...took a bit to get used to Supra again.

darkknight302

First Name
Dang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premiun
It takes a little getting used to it. My 19 Miata GT had a bigger windshield view than my 21 Supra, despite being a smaller car. Once you get used to it, it's not really that difficult to see out of it. Like others have said, use your mirrors to see your blind spots.

OP
OP
D3ad_Hand

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Did you take the time to adjust your seat? I agree it's not great, but my first test drive I thought the mirror blocked everything. My next one I took the time to adjust and it improved.
Actually no not really the seat was in an okay position
Sponsored