OP
OP
D3ad_Hand

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
I always feel really weird when I hop into a "normal" car or SUV with crazy visibility.
Recently rented a 2020 Nissan Rogue and it felt like I was in a glass bubble I had so much visibility.
Hoping back into the Supra after a week of that...took a bit to get used to Supra again.
Thats the thing bro I drive an infiniti qx56 (2011) a big suv and a honda accord (2009) both of which have great visibility thats why when I got into the supra it was weird.

P.S I sometimes take my dads 435i (2014) shit visibility every time I get in gotta get used it again lol

OP
OP
D3ad_Hand

D3ad_Hand

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 GR Supra / 2019 Y61 Nissan Patrol
It takes a little getting used to it. My 19 Miata GT had a bigger windshield view than my 21 Supra, despite being a smaller car. Once you get used to it, it's not really that difficult to see out of it. Like others have said, use your mirrors to see your blind spots.
The windshield mirror was the one that shocked me the most because I know how to deal with cars that have bad visibility with side mirrors the front windshield is a new one to me

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
I always feel really weird when I hop into a "normal" car or SUV with crazy visibility.
Recently rented a 2020 Nissan Rogue and it felt like I was in a glass bubble I had so much visibility.
Hoping back into the Supra after a week of that...took a bit to get used to Supra again.
Yeah man, I feel like I'm in some kind of aquarium and people are staring at me with my pants down from all directions..! :confused1:

Materia

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
As someone who is 6'4 I can say that driving this everyday in LA craziness had been no issue to see out of.

Only thing that will happen is I sometimes can't see the top street light if I'm close enough up front and the light is super high up, but that's cause I'm tall af.

The car does have those side mirror sensors if you're worried about blind spot so that helps. Rear vis is great.

So, like many others have said, no issue. :) Now, trying to fit a helmet in while being tall is another story... :p

STV3

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
The only actual visibility issues I've had is due to the low roof line of this car. If I am the first person stopped at a traffic light (only certain lights) I have to duck my head down a little to see the light because the roof blocks it. For the most part I've just become accustomed to stopping a few extra feet before the line. Mind you I am only 5'8 and I have the seat as low as it goes.

Stvee

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium MT, 2007 4Runner
The only actual visibility issues I've had is due to the low roof line of this car. If I am the first person stopped at a traffic light (only certain lights) I have to duck my head down a little to see the light because the roof blocks it. For the most part I've just become accustomed to stopping a few extra feet before the line. Mind you I am only 5'8 and I have the seat as low as it goes.
That's an issue with a lot of sporty 2 doors.

AngelsofVerdun

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
N/A
So if you any of you have been reading my threads you will know that I've been wanting to buy a supra for a lil while. Yesterday I went to test drive the 4cyl to get an idea of how the car rides unfortunately the 6cyl was not available. I loved everything about the car except for one thing the visibility ur lowkey blind while driving, but the blind spots help a bit, but to my supra owners out there how did u cope with it ur did u just get used to it?
Here's my take: The Supra is pretty much on par with the 6th Gen Camaro visibility. I owned a 6th Gen for about two years, and I definitely adjusted. However, I had the 1SS trim variant, so I had not driver assistance technology--making it a complete PiTA.

Compared to the Camaro 1SS, my Supra is much more manageable thanks to the driver assistance technology. Given some time, you will develop a sense of the cars place and how to leverage the assistance tech. to navigate in the car safely.

Number 1 rule of thumb when navigating traffic: If you are not sure, don't do it.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I don't seem to have any issues with visibility with the Supra...It's much better than some other sports cars I've owned...Learning how to adjust your mirrors properly helps...

type-964

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Supra
Only thing that will happen is I sometimes can't see the top street light if I'm close enough up front and the light is super high up, but that's cause I'm tall af.

ā€¦.(snip)ā€¦.

Now, trying to fit a helmet in while being tall is another story... :p
This and this.

The traffic light thing: I try to stop a bit further back to make it so I donā€™t have to bend my neck quite as much to see when the light turns green.

As for helmet, mine lightly pushes into the headliner, which really bothered me at first, but in practice hasnā€™t affected my ability to turn my head to look where I want to go. Getting into/out of the car with a helmet on, now thatā€™s a PITA and probably looks kinda funny to bystanders!
Sponsored