Supra vs The World

Mr. Jonathan

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20'Supra 3.0 premium; AA DP; AS Intk; MBRP Ex; JB4
Iā€™m in ā€œrocket town USAā€. To many young engineers with fat paychecks in a low cost of living area and very few restrictions on emissions. If itā€™s a clean ride and sounds nice, no telling what is going under the hood. The upside to that is I get more thumbs ups or waves than someone trying to rev on me. Everyone is suspicious of each other and donā€™t want to get embarrassed. That includes me

Davedaveee

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra GR Premium 3.0
I just get assholes in big trucks compensating for something they lack in their life by tailgating me when i'm trying to chill and drive the speed limit. It gets annoying as hell to be honest.

Teleguy11

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra GR, 2017 Highlander Limited Platinum
Here in Fla. I get nobody messing with me but jacked up diesel pick ups. I don't get it.
Most of the 5.0, Challenger peeps won't even look me in the eye at stoplights. I pull off very casually with no issues.
Many thumbs up from the Toyota crowd though.

OP
OP
Tacoma714

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
Iā€™m in ā€œrocket town USAā€. To many young engineers with fat paychecks in a low cost of living area and very few restrictions on emissions. If itā€™s a clean ride and sounds nice, no telling what is going under the hood. The upside to that is I get more thumbs ups or waves than someone trying to rev on me. Everyone is suspicious of each other and donā€™t want to get embarrassed. That includes me
Here in Fla. I get nobody messing with me but jacked up diesel pick ups. I don't get it.
Most of the 5.0, Challenger peeps won't even look me in the eye at stoplights. I pull off very casually with no issues.
Many thumbs up from the Toyota crowd though.
Jeep people have their waive/thumbs up. I wonder if Supra owners have their waive as well. Every time I see another MKV owner I do the peace sign and usually get it right back.

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
I'm in the PNW. I've had multiple dinguses "race" me by getting next to me, and we slow, then they just ride along, then floor it. It kinda drives me nuts. They either don't know how to count to three, or don't know to, idk? I'm always waiting for them to honk at least.

Other than that I've been chased by random sh*t cars. SUV's/Family sedans trying to race, etc.

I still feel like my twin got more challengers, but I also drove that a lot more. Supra is at maybe 9k miles after 2-3 years, : (.

SupraEffective

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 2022
I have owned a good amount of cars in my not so long lifetime (38 years old) and I have never owned a car like the MKV, that gets revved at or dared to race on the streets as much as this vehicle. In the 6 months I have owned my MKV, I have been dared to race so many times I have lost count and my ear drums practically blown out from Charger, Challengers, Mustangs and older fixed up AMGs pulling up to me while I have my windows down and downshifting waiting for me to respond. I'm in Orange County, California. Has anyone else experienced the revving and wanting to race you constantly?
I live in Los Angeles County, California and this happens on a daily when I Just got out to get food or head to the gym.

For me its always Honda boys or Beamers trying to intimidate me. This is also my daily so the unemployment boys driving they baby mommas Altimas always try me too.

wilorichie

First Name
Richie
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra and Z
I haven't got my Supra yet, but in my other fun cars, I'd get lots of waves and people at lights wanting to give it some.

I had an R8 on the right and a mazda 3 on my left the other day. Light went green, we all floored it. When I went past the R8 (he smashed me) he gave me a wave and smile. When the Mazda 3 finally caught up he gave us both a huge wave haha.

I think you will find in Australia (Im in Brisbane), most people are just happy that someone else loves cars as much as they do. I've only had a few people come up next to me to do the whole, "my car is faster than your car" thing. Most of the time it's waves ans smiles, fast or family cars.

We aren't allowed to mod cars like you guys in the US can. So most cars are relatively stock with the odd sleeper. Usually if a car looks modded here, its stock under the bonnet lol.

razorlab

First Name
Bryan / Briana
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Not a Corvette.
We aren't allowed to mod cars like you guys in the US can. So most cars are relatively stock with the odd sleeper. Usually if a car looks modded here, its stock under the bonnet lol.
That doesn't stop people. I know of and have seen a ton of heavily modified cars from Australia.

I lived in California for 38 years and you basically aren't allowed to modify cars there either but every single one of my cars was modified (most catless) and I tuned hundreds of modified cars there.

I worked with an ECU guy in Australia for a couple years and he had a fully built engine, big turbo Evo 10 on E85.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
I haven't got my Supra yet, but in my other fun cars, I'd get lots of waves and people at lights wanting to give it some.

I had an R8 on the right and a mazda 3 on my left the other day. Light went green, we all floored it. When I went past the R8 (he smashed me) he gave me a wave and smile. When the Mazda 3 finally caught up he gave us both a huge wave haha.

I think you will find in Australia (Im in Brisbane), most people are just happy that someone else loves cars as much as they do. I've only had a few people come up next to me to do the whole, "my car is faster than your car" thing. Most of the time it's waves ans smiles, fast or family cars.

People still do it. Some of the fastest gtrs all generations exist there.

OP
OP
Tacoma714

Tacoma714

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra A91 CU Later Grey, 2015 Taccoma, 2013 A
People still do it. Some of the fastest gtrs all generations exist there.
You beat me to it. Exactly. I've seen some craziest built GTRs in Australia.
Sponsored