The MKIV vs MKV Thread

For those with mkiv's, will you be selling yours to get a mkv?

• Total voters

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
Is the body itself actually wider? I'm wondering how Toyota measures width. Are they including the mirrors? Because I know the new one has way larger units vs the MK4.
Yeah it is. A90 is roughly same width as the TRD 3000GT

(i have a great pic just trying to find it)
Sponsored

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I'm one of the biggest MKIV fans eveeeeeeeeeeer. Still, the MKV is such a better car... and CHEAPER. So, I had to go the common sense route because I'm a driver long before I'm a fan boi.
Had I been able to snag a MKIV for the same price, or less, I would have probably gone that route.
You can argue with progress. Damn, the MKV is fast.

johnny_10196

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ford
I'm one of the biggest MKIV fans eveeeeeeeeeeer. Still, the MKV is such a better car... and CHEAPER. So, I had to go the common sense route because I'm a driver long before I'm a fan boi.
Had I been able to snag a MKIV for the same price, or less, I would have probably gone that route.
RHD :dunno:

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Besides that, the body itself looks to be taller.
That's because the MKIV is parked farther back than the MKV. It appears to be smaller because it is smaller for the camera. You can also tell by the shadow. Sneaky. 😂

MKIVvsMKV.jpg

KahnBB6

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 Lexus SC300 2JZGTE R154 LSD & 2023 GR86 6MT
It's some work and still money invested to do it right but if you want to have almost the same car with all the build driveline you want to put into it for a fraction of the cost of an MKIV then build a 1992-2000 Lexus SC, haha! The MKIV uses almost entirely the same chassis just with wheelbase and major bodywork differences. This is what I did! But I also love the SC chassis on its own merits.

The MKIV has always been and will always be a sought after timeless looking Toyota classic that has the looks and can back it up with power at the wheels. I've always loved the MKIV as well.

The MKV is visually gorgeous as well. A very different Supra but very desirable also.

I will also add to this the awesome presence of the MKIII Supra with the 1989-1992 styling, especially in the Japanese market 2.5TT Twin Turbo R 1JZ-GTE trim level. Specifically that model and how they set it up and lightened it. I just love how those TT-R's look.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
It's some work and still money invested to do it right but if you want to have almost the same car with all the build driveline you want to put into it for a fraction of the cost of an MKIV then build a 1992-2000 Lexus SC, haha! The MKIV uses almost entirely the same chassis just with wheelbase and major bodywork differences. This is what I did! But I also love the SC chassis on its own merits.

The MKIV has always been and will always be a sought after timeless looking Toyota classic that has the looks and can back it up with power at the wheels. I've always loved the MKIV as well.

The MKV is visually gorgeous as well. A very different Supra but very desirable also.

I will also add to this the awesome presence of the MKIII Supra with the 1989-1992 styling, especially in the Japanese market 2.5TT Twin Turbo R 1JZ-GTE trim level. Specifically that model and how they set it up and lightened it. I just love how those TT-R's look.
Had a Soarer. Meh. The looks don't do much for me.
Sponsored