The Official Australian WAITING FOR MY SUPRA Thread

Stedy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra MKV Manual (Inbound), Volvo XC60
It's the same in the '23, I tested mine when I saw the vid. Pretty lame.

The stock exhaust is pretty quiet from the cabin imo - still sounds alright but its mostly the active sound design making the noise
Sounds like I'll need to go the path of an independently controlled valve on an aftermarket exhaust of some sort. I saw a product that allows you to trigger the exhaust valve using the buttons on the mirror, so no messy extra key fobs. This might be an option with other valve/exhaust systems that use a wireless key fob also but I've not seen it done this way before.

e.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
'23 Supra; '08 Civic Type R; '91 VN Commodore.
Just a heads-up to all the Aussies.. if you are disappointed with the way your cars sounds, get an after market exhaust. I had the AWE Touring Non-Resonated exhaust installed and holy shitballs! This exhaust really wakes the car up: It audibly burbles and crackles now (particularly on accelerator lift off) and finally sounds like an actual genuine sports car!

The AWE doesn't utilise the flap but in my short drive today I found that putting the car in non Sports-Mode suitably reduced the burbles/crackles, whilst maintaining a solidly audible exhaust note. Perfect.

I'm not sure what they did, but Toyota Australia did a real number on our exhausts/exhaust flap coding as before adding the aftermarket exhaust I barely ever heard a burble or crackle from my "sports car." And (with stupid ASD coded off) that Sports button used to make absolutely no difference to the exhaust note.

It makes a difference now. 😈

This is how the car should've been delivered straight from the showroom.

Snapseed 3.jpg

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Just a heads-up to all the Aussies.. if you are disappointed with the way your cars sounds, get an after market exhaust. I had the AWE Touring Non-Resonated exhaust installed and holy shitballs! This exhaust really wakes the car up: It audibly burbles and crackles now (particularly on accelerator lift off) and finally sounds like an actual genuine sports car!

The AWE doesn't utilise the flap but in my short drive today I found that putting the car in non Sports-Mode suitably reduced the burbles/crackles, whilst maintaining a solidly audible exhaust note. Perfect.

I'm not sure what they did, but Toyota Australia did a real number on our exhausts/exhaust flap coding as before adding the aftermarket exhaust I barely ever heard a burble or crackle from my "sports car." And (with stupid ASD coded off) that Sports button used to make absolutely no difference to the exhaust note.

Same over here as well. You described it perfectly. And I have the track version. Same deal with the Sports button

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Same over here as well. You described it perfectly. And I have the track version. Same deal with the Sports button
My installer talked me out of installing the Track Edition and while I'm very happy with the Non-Resonated Touring, I can only imagine what the Track sounds like!

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
My installer talked me out of installing the Track Edition and while I'm very happy with the Non-Resonated Touring, I can only imagine what the Track sounds like!
Not many cars are louder on track. That’s for sure 😂
If I daily’ed her more, I’d pick the touring as well. It makes such a HUGE difference w/ either of those AWE exhaust!!

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Not many cars are louder on track. That’s for sure 😂
If I daily’ed her more, I’d pick the touring as well. It makes such a HUGE difference w/ either of those AWE exhaust!!
I can't agree enough. In all honesty, I was seriously debating trading the car for an M2 but even after only a few days of installing the Awe exhaust, I've just enjoyed driving the car a whole lot more. I know it's just adding some volume and a nice tone but it has really changed the whole driving experience for me!

Now I just have to build up the courage to get the CDV removed in the hopes of fixing that horrendous 1-2 shift.

Stedy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Snapseed 3.jpg
Thank you for this! It confirms what was suspected, that it's just the exhaust that's different to to the US spec. Also glad to know that you can get some decent sound out of the manual. Most of the videos online show the manual models as sounding pretty ordinary.

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
Thank you for this! It confirms what was suspected, that it's just the exhaust that's different to to the US spec. Also glad to know that you can get some decent sound out of the manual. Most of the videos online show the manual models as sounding pretty ordinary.
There is definitely something weird about our exhausts and likely the valve coding too. The sound coming out of the car now is just perfection.

MA617M

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
lots
We have the US-spec midpipe, and the EU-spec rear muffler, at least, on the initial editions. I doubt it would have changed.

I put a titanium exhaust on mine with just 16km on it, perfect.

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
I'm not a fan of the colour from the photos online, but was curious.. has anyone seen an orange Supra in Australia yet?

Stedy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I'm not a fan of the colour from the photos online, but was curious.. has anyone seen an orange Supra in Australia yet?
Not yet. Also not a fan of the orange. I imagine an already extremely rare car in a unique colour like that could be a bit of a unicorn in Australia.

Stedy

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
While we're here, does anyone have any fresh updates/experience on Toyota's current actual delivery times? I saw Phil finally got his the other day after an insane 13 month wait. I'm crossing my fingers that's an anomaly.

OP
OP
BMWAF

BMWAF

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
..an already extremely rare car..
Does anybody have any figures of exactly how many are in Australia? The last information I saw in an article online (no idea how accurate it was and was a year or two ago) there was over 700. More recently, someone mentioned here that we have around 600 as of 2023. Does anybody actually know know?

Noots

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Prado
While we're here, does anyone have any fresh updates/experience on Toyota's current actual delivery times? I saw Phil finally got his the other day after an insane 13 month wait. I'm crossing my fingers that's an anomaly.
Ordered July 2023, build confirmed for Feb. They've indicated 2 months for delivery. Call it start of May, would make it 10 months total if all goes to plan..

I was originally quoted 4 months, so I'd be careful listening to the dealership.

lucky phil

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2024 MT, Kia Stonic GT, Mazda CX5 GT SP
Ordered July 2023, build confirmed for Feb. They've indicated 2 months for delivery. Call it start of May, would make it 10 months total if all goes to plan..

I was originally quoted 4 months, so I'd be careful listening to the dealership.
Yes. I was quoted 6-9 months that ended up 13 months to the day. Biggest dealer in Melbourne as well.

Phil
Sponsored