This is the 2020 mid-engine Chevy Corvette / C8 Corvette Z06 revealed

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
Maybe Chevy's just going to concentrate solely on the C8? Especially with the E-Ray and future ZR1/Zora variants.

Speaking of Camaro... :dunno:

https://www.caranddriver.com/chevrolet/camaro-suv

Also, the C8 isn't that expensive for what it is. It's Chevy dealers' ADM that inflates that bubble. However, the constant production halts aren't helping.

What puzzles me is how many Stingrays I see daily sitting at various new and used dealer lots here in Dallas. Only see one Supra at a used lot every blue moon though.
So now the C8 markups can simply start at the price of a Camaro and work their way up from there... nice.

Lucky on that "re-issue" however... because the one thing we don't have nearly enough options for today is an SUV. :rolleyes:
Sponsored

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium, 2022 C8 HTC, 2019 Z06
Vehicle Showcase
Exclusivity...

1696530971695.png

Referring to "exclusivity" in the context of any mass produced product -- and it actually being a tangible factor on whether or not you would own it -- is the epitome of S tier frail ego bullshit. :catfight:

It's a car and an experience, not an identity.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
Here in AZ, the new C8 Vette is becoming the Dodge Challenger/Charger....you see one at almost every intersection. Since the MKV Supra has been out, I have seen (and ive kept count) 6 MKV Supra's and that's including my brothers car. Big difference in rarity on the roads....at least here in AZ that I have seen in the past 3yrs.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
So now the C8 markups can simply start at the price of a Camaro and work their way up from there... nice.

Lucky on that "re-issue" however... because the one thing we don't have nearly enough options for today is an SUV. :rolleyes:
Miss ya brotha! Glad to see you chiming in from Americaā€™s favorite desert. F1 will be there this year šŸ˜±

Exclusivity...
Referring to "exclusivity" in the context of any mass produced product -- and it actually being a tangible factor on whether or not you would own it -- is the epitome of S tier frail ego bullshit. :catfight:
It's a car and an experience, not an identity.
Troof! Exclusivity is an added bonus if you can find it with reliability. What I think weā€™ve done with this Toyota. If (big IF) the Vette was the same exact price as our Supra, this would be a much harder decision. Thankfully itā€™s not and Iā€™m finding out after the fact parts, despite the mass production of the Vette, are cheaper on our BMW B58 Supra. My Vette friends are spending more each track day. Yet the gains are not that much more on track. So for meā€¦. I lucked out on my decision. Exclusivity happens to be icing on the cake šŸ§

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys!

Just checking in...Well, it's been almost a year now since I sold my '20 GR Supra 3.0 and purchased my '23 C8 Z51...I love both cars but for very different reasons...I'm now on MacMulkin's waitlist for an E-Ray and should have it by this spring...

Window Tint 9.jpg
Best Interior Pic 1.jpg

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
Hey guys!

Just checking in...Well, it's been almost a year now since I sold my '20 GR Supra 3.0 and purchased my '23 C8 Z51...I love both cars but for very different reasons...I'm now on MacMulkin's waitlist for an E-Ray and should have it by this spring...

Window Tint 9.jpg
Best Interior Pic 1.jpg

thoughts? cost of ownership? service items?

good looking, kudos for GM making mid engine, i'm just so one dimensional.... track track track

but as a cool cruiser these are hard to beat.

tadda

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 C8 Corvette Z51 2LT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
thoughts? cost of ownership? service items?

good looking, kudos for GM making mid engine, i'm just so one dimensional.... track track track

but as a cool cruiser these are hard to beat.
It's only been close to a year ...So far, I find the cost of ownership no different than the Supra was...

It's far more than a cruiser...I do find the C8 to be much more refined and controlled than the Supra was for me....That said, I do understand why there are some that may find the C8 a bit too refined and prefer a more raw / less controlled driving experience...Both are fun sports cars but as I mentioned they deliver very different driving experiences...

Last edited:

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I track the hell out of both:

1696606612316.png

1696606641657.jpeg

Had all 3 for a while but sold the Supra (to Toyota PE Motorsports).

1696606876553.png

Zero issues with any of them. Biggest difference is the Corvettes are much harder on consumables so running costs are considerably higher.

The Z06 is an absolute monster -- 165MPH down the back straight at VIR completely stock.

1696607156168.png

The C8 is the superior road car -- if it had adaptive cruise it would be perfection.

1696607455017.png

Rocksandblues

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, e46 M3, diesel BMW e90, GL450
My track friends w c8 say the consumables is tough. it really eats tires and brakes. brake by wire is junk (from feed back from them)

The c7 z06 and Zora are absolute beasts if not the pinnacle of front engine rwd track weapon/streetable cars.

AHP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Tire wear on my C8 hasn't been a meaningful issue; less wear than the C7Z on the same tire. Brake pads I only get 2 days or 10-12x sessions before they're completely cooked, though. I've been buying OEM take-offs for $150 from the boomers that swap them for low dust ceramic pads so it's been cheap on that end. I haven't had any issues with the brake by wire but the feel is definitely artificial. The pedal always feels the same regardless of temps so I can see what they were going for, but I can also see why some seasoned drivers don't like it.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Hey guys!

Window Tint 9.jpg
Best Interior Pic 1.jpg
Absolutely Stunning šŸ¤© Tom! Congratulations šŸŽˆ Iā€™d track that sucker in a heartbeat. Even if it meant less track days ($$$). Alternate uses of the kidā€™s 529 plan going through my head šŸ˜ˆ

I track the hell out of both:
Had all 3 for a while but sold the Supra (to Toyota PE Motorsports).
Zero issues with any of them. Biggest difference is the Corvettes are much harder on consumables so running costs are considerably higher.
The Z06 is an absolute monster -- 165MPH down the back straight at VIR completely stock.
The C8 is the superior road car -- if it had adaptive cruise it would be perfection.
I have friends with both models as well. They love em! My wife loves them! I just need to make more $$$ or plan on retiring later šŸ˜‚. I stepped up from a MX5. So this Supra is a big leap for me. Power wise and consumable part wise. But was shocked how many offerings we do have to choose from in the parts bin. Thus, Iā€™m able to track more. Finding out this Supra not only met but exceeded my expectations.

Glad you two are enjoying yours. They not only look good but perform well to boot. Kudos to GM for building the best Vette to date and not giving up on us track enthusiasts šŸ‘šŸ¼