Got it.

PerformanceSound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Tundra TRD Pro, 1994 MKIV Supra TT
Vehicle Showcase
A few misleading things here...

I don't beleive the next gen will be all-electric. Hybrid is a possibility and most likely option...but from what I know, gas is the only info I am aware of. The same thing happened with the Tacoma, they released an all-EV teaser, and it eneded up gas and gas/hyrbid. The interior is going to have a driver focused design (pay homage to MKIV), you can kind of see that in the CGI images. Alot of Carbon Fiber parts, weight will be a key area in the next gen platform. That vehicle presented is too small to be built on any current or upcoming chassis, so either it is rendered smaller or the proportions are off because of the CGI Toyota used or the next Supra will be built on a small sports car platform (non premium) i.e., Celica, etc... Almost certain it won't be.

If (and this is a big IF) this next vehicle does have an all-electric setup (which I am pretty sure it won't) it would borrow it from the Lexus line, and that will be $$$$.

Again, I only know what reputable sources have provided. At this point, consider all this as a "vision" for the far far future.

Tsuki8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 3.0 AZ BM3 E50 WMI

C-Pike

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
A few misleading things here...

I don't beleive the next gen will be all-electric. Hybrid is a possibility and most likely option...but from what I know, gas is the only info I am aware of. The same thing happened with the Tacoma, they released an all-EV teaser, and it eneded up gas and gas/hyrbid. The interior is going to have a driver focused design (pay homage to MKIV), you can kind of see that in the CGI images. Alot of Carbon Fiber parts, weight will be a key area in the next gen platform. That vehicle presented is too small to be built on any current or upcoming chassis, so either it is rendered smaller or the proportions are off because of the CGI Toyota used or the next Supra will be built on a small sports car platform (non premium) i.e., Celica, etc... Almost certain it won't be.

If (and this is a big IF) this next vehicle does have an all-electric setup (which I am pretty sure it won't) it would borrow it from the Lexus line, and that will be $$$$.

Again, I only know what reputable sources have provided. At this point, consider all this as a "vision" for the far far future.
Is it possible that multiple drivetrains will be offered like on the C8?

Tsuki8

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 3.0 AZ BM3 E50 WMI
i dont think the two are related. the proportions are totally different.
Looks to be more production.
Concept from 2021 didnt have mirrors, door handles, panel gaps, etc.
Kind of like 2JZ-No-Sh*t's post.
We'll find out 10/26 - 11/5.

Edit: Having doubts lol, rear is is now cabin space? but the rear mesh and top vents...

1697476020000.png

1697476043798.png

Right, deja vu all over again lol.

bigmacmeme-mkvsupra-jpg.jpg

Last edited:

vb22

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
SC300
Some are saying FT-Se stands for Future Toyota Supra Electric.

gymratter

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Silver Spur & F-150
Looks to be more production.
Concept from 2021 didnt have mirrors, door handles, panel gaps, etc.
Kind of like 2JZ-No-Sh*t's post.
We'll find out 10/26 - 11/5.

Edit: Having doubts lol, rear is is now cabin space? but the rear mesh and top vents...
i understand that changes are made at different stages but i still think one is clearly a mid engine while the other is a front engine concept. cars from the same company usually share similar styling cues but that doesnt mean theyre the same model. agree, we'll know more come Tokyo.