VTT Crankcase Breather

A90alex

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Was just curious if anyone else has this and if it’s worth the money to you, saw that it relieves pressure but not sure if it’s factual or not. Just want some opinions

6FB343D1-9911-476C-89FB-12CFFAB090B9.jpeg
Sponsored

SnowCr4sh

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Nico
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
It does ofcourse relieve pressure. Your head gets pressurized under heavy boost and could potentially crack your valve cover, but that filter in the position of oil cap can help a little bit (not much).

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)

10:40 mark is where you wanna start for the breather info.

Rustyscrew

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
15 Tundra, 21 Supra, 66 VW Bus
10:40 mark is where you wanna start for the breather info.
I could be wrong, but I believe this video is for Gen 1 B58. Not our Gen 2 B58. So I believe our pcv system and valve cover are slightly different. However saying that, its a great and informative video. I will say that a lot of the big A90 drag guys run this or something similar.

BadOne

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91 Edition (Refraction Blue)
I could be wrong, but I believe this video is for Gen 1 B58. Not our Gen 2 B58. So I believe our pcv system and valve cover are slightly different. However saying that, its a great and informative video. I will say that a lot of the big A90 drag guys run this or something similar.

Yeah, he does use a Gen 1 B58. I'm not entirely familiar if there are any significant changes between gen 1 and gen 2 as far as that area is concerned. I'm sure somebody else knows more about how that area works.

I think the general message is that if you are gonna do the breather thing, there should be some supporting additions along with it.

gdi2290

First Name
PatrickJS
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
i got this. not really worth it although it definitely works. there are more downsides then benefits (both might be too small to matter much). the oil vapors end up on your engine cover if you don't replace the filter

Jayson415PR

First Name
Jayson
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 2003 Toyota Mr2
i got this. not really worth it although it definitely works. there are more downsides then benefits (both might be too small to matter much). the oil vapors end up on your engine cover if you don't replace the filter
What are the downsides?