100% Wireless GoPro Setup with OEM Tow Hook for Track Days, Exhaust Clips, and More

One_Supra_1

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
28715387-44C0-4281-9402-7D7FF0EF1279.jpeg

Do you want to record front or rear video in your supra, have good exhaust/turbo sound quality without running wires throughout your car, and not have to worry about a suction cup mount flying off? If so, continue reading for my solution.

For the past couple of days ive been working on creating a solid system to record front or rear videos in my 2021 3.0 Premium. I found this gopro tow hook mount and sure enough, it works with the oem supra tow hook (found in the rear battery compartment in the trunk). Should work with most other german car makes as well.

I created it out of TPU to allow the mount to flex as it clamps down on the metal. I tried using PLA and ABS, but it kept cracking. I also created 3 M20 washers to level the tow hook so the gopro was horizontal, however, you could mount it vertically like in the link above.

For anyone wanting to replicate this setup, you’ll need:

- Tow Hook Mount Upper and Lower (made from TPU)
- M20 Washers with no more than a 23mm outer radius, ~20mm inner radius (made of TPU or some other type of compressible material)
- 4x m5 hex nuts
- 4x m5 hex cap screws, or use 4 GoPro mounting screws
- Tether cable
- Rode Wireless Go II
- GoPro Media Mod Case
- Obviously, a GoPro Camera

For those without a 3d printer, I am considering remaking and selling this setup with all nuts and bolts included if I get permission from the original creator of the mount. Ill try to get a video of it in use soon, but I believe the original creator has one on that link too. This setup is perfect for track days, recording clean exhaust sound without wind noise, sunday cruising, or as a dedicated mopar gap cam :cool:

Im not super active on this forum, but let me know what yall think and ill try to respond!
Sponsored