A bit disappointed in Toyota

damnsupra

First Name
evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra, s15, r34 gtr. gr corolla :]
Yikes.. glad I'm not like that. I know NASIOC was like that too.. bunch of low self esteem kids with no money fighting their own evils. It was sad to watch.
someone posted the video i made on the intake i did on my gr corolla and it had our spage time attack supra in the back and a gt4rs, and some kid was flaming me for the Spage wing on it and our ricer "cayman" hood which is a factory weissach hood lmao, i checked his account and he had 1200 posts on a 6 month old website and no cars
Sponsored

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
someone posted the video i made on the intake i did on my gr corolla and it had our spage time attack supra in the back and a gt4rs, and some kid was flaming me for the Spage wing on it and our ricer "cayman" hood which is a factory weissach hood lmao, i checked his account and he had 1200 posts on a 6 month old website and no cars
Oh man, I can seriously see that (forum atmosphere). I think we have some of those types here too.

I'm sorry if I offended you about your GR Corolla as that was not my intent. I was just mocking the OP (well playfully) that fake vents is nothing to worry about.

I am also a STI / Golf-R owner so know the crap regular folks give me at times for spending so much money on a "cheap" "small" car. :crazy: I am pretty dumb so they might be right, but this is what I do, so.

damnsupra

First Name
evan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
supra, s15, r34 gtr. gr corolla :]
Oh man, I can seriously see that (forum atmosphere). I think we have some of those types here too.

I'm sorry if I offended you about your GR Corolla as that was not my intent. I was just mocking the OP (well playfully) that fake vents is nothing to worry about.

I am a STI / Golf-R owner so know the crap regular folks give me at times for spending so much money on a "cheap" "small" car. :crazy: I am pretty dumb so they might be right, but this is what I do, so.
hahahaah i could care less, i know its a corolla and i love the fact it is, i hoon it everywhere and nobody bats an eye, its just a plain old black corolla that goes fast ;)

AutoDelight

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21' A91 Supra, 04' RX-8 GT, 95' RX-7 Base
Yea, I quoted the wrong person at first, then edited. ;)

1000% agree with your above statement. One thing to note in that list is the GR Yaris. It's actually not based on the Econo Yaris at all. It's a full one off chassis that doesn't share anything with the normal Yaris.
Today I have learned something new. I mentioned somewhere else before but I am completely oblivious to the Yaris while we never got it in the states and well.... its a Yaris. LOL

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
hahahaah i could care less, i know its a corolla and i love the fact it is, i hoon it everywhere and nobody bats an eye, its just a plain old black corolla that goes fast ;)
Haha, awesome man. :cool: You and I know how to keep things real.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I jinxed us a few pages back by saying no one gets offendedā€¦ Itā€™s a badass corolla. No doubt. Iā€™d just buy another Supra. But Iā€™m boring like that. I too have a plain old VW GTi. The wife and I found it was a bargain during the height of the Covid scare. No one was in the dealerships and cars were just sitting on the lot. The 2019 had some ridiculous manufacture warranty, which my wife liked, and ~$10k off MSRP. So we bought two VWs that day šŸ˜‚. Side note: we also survived Covid šŸ¤« šŸ˜·

Anyways, car uses, looks, variants are such a personal thang. I think itā€™s great! I donā€™t want everyone to like the same damn things I like. That would be too boring. I love all these variants and offerings. And back to the Supra, Iā€™ve never seen so many damn mods for a carā€¦ This really adds to the ownership experience, imo. We can make this Supra the way we want it. Thanks to all these vendors, incredible marketplace & open forum we got here. āœŒšŸ¼

Last edited:

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Same. I was looking at Porsches and used C7s in the early stages of the pandemic before prices blew up. They were all going to be more money out of the gate, more to maintain, and would have had about the same level of performance. This car also benefits from significant performance gains for comparatively smaller costs. I won't say the ceiling is higher, but you'll get to that ceiling for less money (even though the absolute amount may be "lots"). It really is one of those cars that I believe will be highly sought-after as a track car when they stop making them in a few years. I'm glad I bought my '21.

...and next week for the state-side ECU unlock! Woot!
Itā€™s been a while since your last post, but wondering how your ECU unlock went. Hope all is well hombrĆ©!
Sponsored