A90 Edition Owners Thread

Supra JRT

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra
I am looking at purchasing a mkV, i initially expected not to find any A90 edition cars but was encouraged by the price of the £38k that was achieved and i noticed there is one for sale in Kent at £43k but with nearly 14k miles thats too many for me. Does anyone know of any others for sale. I remember Shmee saying on one of his videoes that the matt paint should not be ppf'd of the paint warranty is invalidated.
Sponsored

a90_tay

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
E92 M3, MKIV TT6, A90 Edition on Order
I am looking at purchasing a mkV, i initially expected not to find any A90 edition cars but was encouraged by the price of the £38k that was achieved and i noticed there is one for sale in Kent at £43k but with nearly 14k miles thats too many for me. Does anyone know of any others for sale. I remember Shmee saying on one of his videoes that the matt paint should not be ppf'd of the paint warranty is invalidated.
Just because Shmee is well known doesn’t mean he’s right ?
I’d say most of us here and over the pond have ppf our cars. Just pay a professional to remove it when the time comes

OP
OP
Gaz_smithy

Gaz_smithy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86
Vehicle Showcase
I haven’t put ppf on my car I instead went for Gyeon Ceramic matte coating and a set of Zl1 addon rockguards. The result I have a few small chips but I have seen some ppf jobs wreck the car paintwork. I don’t intend to sell anytime soon however love the car too much.

Sunstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR Yaris, A90 Edition Supra
I have PPF on my A90 edition. My local Toyota dealership took it to the place to have the PPF done so it was done ready for when I collected it. I'd have hoped Toyota themselves would've said if I was breaching the warranty by having them do that.

Influencers like shmee who move from one car to another, whichever is hyped at that time to get clicks aren't always the most reliable source of information. If in doubt you could always contact Toyota directly to ask them?

Gezzi_A90

First Name
Geraint
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 GR Supra A90 Edition, 2019 Civic Type R FK8
Also had a matt specific ppf applied to mine & spoke to toyota beforehand who had no issues, stating that obviously if any area was damaged by the removal/installation of any film/wrap - that specific instance of damage would not be covered.

Just use somewhere well recommended to apply & remove

Sunstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I don't suppose any other A90 Edition owners have had any parts painted so far? I was wondering how easy it'd be to get a new bonnet paint matched?

Hillstart

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 GT86, 2019 Supra A90edition, 2020 GR Yaris CP
No idea of paint match, , hoping it will only need doing after at least 10 years, preferably a lot longer.

50 shades of grey, like my hair?

Thanks to our crap roads glad I got a full ppf

@Sunstorm Why the question if you’ve had it ppf’d?

Gezzi_A90

First Name
Geraint
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 GR Supra A90 Edition, 2019 Civic Type R FK8
I don't suppose any other A90 Edition owners have had any parts painted so far? I was wondering how easy it'd be to get a new bonnet paint matched?

I had numberplate holes filled and large area on front bumper painted

Came out really well, bodyshop was surprised how easy paint was to work with

Sunstorm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No idea of paint match, , hoping it will only need doing after at least 10 years, preferably a lot longer.

50 shades of grey, like my hair?

Thanks to our crap roads glad I got a full ppf

@Sunstorm Why the question if you’ve had it ppf’d?
I'm looking at a new bonnet for it, so would need it painting to match the rest of the car.

I had numberplate holes filled and large area on front bumper painted

Came out really well, bodyshop was surprised how easy paint was to work with
Thanks, that gives me hope I can get a new bonnet painted to match.

OP
OP
Gaz_smithy

Gaz_smithy

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GT86
Vehicle Showcase
Celebrated turning 2 years old today with a good wash. Looks as good as the day I got it.

Attachments

Hillstart

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2014 GT86, 2019 Supra A90edition, 2020 GR Yaris CP
This area is near the centre of British isles, Trough/Forest of Bowland, good for a meet some day?
1631794386808.png

Suggested route is clockwise northern loop, anticlockwise southern loop.

Brinky

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90
Hey Guys, thought since there are only 24 of us in the UK, would find out how many of us are on here. So we can work out locations, if any of us have any problems with the car or paintwork or if we’re doing any mods.
I’m one of the 24! South Wales. Hi folks!!