Anyone else install the Extreme Online Store spoiler?

EvilMKV

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tundra TRD Pro, 2023 Supra 3.0 Premium
Curious if anyone else here has the EOS A91 style carbon spoiler and have successfully installed it. I purchased one and was attempting to install it with no real luck. Fitment seems kinda crap, especially on the ends. They don't match the body of the car and 3M tape doesn't even touch the body to stick. Seems like the channel on the back side is too deep and the 3M tape doesn't touch the body anywhere really.

20230701_170142.jpg
Sponsored

Mock01

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Refraction A91
I donā€™t have the EOS spoiler, but most installs Iā€™ve seen you have to clamp the ends down a bit. Once the tape settles (not sure what the right word for it is - cures? adheres? bonds?) it stays tight.

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23ā€™ 3.0 Base
I personally bought a cheap Amazon CF spoiler and it fit about the same. Had to really hold the ends down for it to finally stick at the ends. Best time would be now, in the hot sun. Should be more flexible.

OP
OP
EvilMKV

EvilMKV

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I personally bought a cheap Amazon CF spoiler and it fit about the same. Had to really hold the ends down for it to finally stick at the ends. Best time would be now, in the hot sun. Should be more flexible.
Yeah, I'm gonna give it another go after I grab some better 3M tape. It was stupid humid out today so I don't think that helped.

Timmy_Jones

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23ā€™ 3.0 Base
Yeah, I'm gonna give it another go after I grab some better 3M tape. It was stupid humid out today so I don't think that helped.
I did mine in February (NH resident) and it was frigid. Heated up the ends a bit and got them to stick down just fine.

OP
OP
EvilMKV

EvilMKV

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I did mine in February (NH resident) and it was frigid. Heated up the ends a bit and got them to stick down just fine.
Thanks for the tips. I'll give that a try

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I have it. The included tape is garbage. Buy some new 3M Exterior auto tape for trim (red backing).

Tape from end to end continuously and follow the indention, covering every edge of it. Keep the red backing on the car facing side while positioning it on the car. Once you have a good spot where it sits flush and is equidistant bilaterally, use painters tape to loosely attach the wing to the car and kind of outline the wing with the tape to ensure proper alignment (make a guide on the car of tape).

Once perfect, pull up a bit of the red backing, position the spoiler perfectly on the car, and press it in place while pulling the red backing to ensure nothing moves during adhesion.

Press and hold for a few minutes. Done.

My fitment was, ok.. but definitely not perfect, especially at the edges. I left a meh review of the spoiler, but I think most arenā€™t as picky as me. Pictures and passenger gap below.
image.jpg

image.jpg

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
From what Iā€™ve seen this just appears to be standard quality for them.

OP
OP
EvilMKV

EvilMKV

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have it. The included tape is garbage. Buy some new 3M Exterior auto tape for trim (red backing).

Tape from end to end continuously and follow the indention, covering every edge of it. Keep the red backing on the car facing side while positioning it on the car. Once you have a good spot where it sits flush and is equidistant bilaterally, use painters tape to loosely attach the wing to the car and kind of outline the wing with the tape to ensure proper alignment (make a guide on the car of tape).

Once perfect, pull up a bit of the red backing, position the spoiler perfectly on the car, and press it in place while pulling the red backing to ensure nothing moves during adhesion.

Press and hold for a few minutes. Done.

My fitment was, ok.. but definitely not perfect, especially at the edges. I left a meh review of the spoiler, but I think most arenā€™t as picky as me. Pictures and passenger gap below.
Awesome, thanks. I pulled the trash tape they sent with it and already got a roll of good 3M on the way.

S14mc

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 A90 Supra 3.0
Make sure to give a good rub down with isopropyl alcohol. It really makes a difference for the adhesion.

MRT2

First Name
Titu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 CF Phantom, Honda Element, JKUR
I have an original A91-CF. During the PPF installation, they removed all A91-CF pieces for install.

What we noticed that the skirts, rear spats, and front splitter were stamped with Toyota, however the duck bill spoiler was not.

We assumed that Toyota went aftermarket with the spoiler (during Covid supply issues) to assist with meeting demand.

The A91-CF spoiler fit perfectly upon receipt. However when reinstalling after PPF there was approx a 1mm gap/lift (very similar to the picture above).

We attempted a few fixes to make this perfectly flush however weā€™re unsuccessful.

In hindsight, we felt the culprit was the 3M tape we were using, wasnā€™t as thick in gauge as Toyotas.

If youā€™re looking for perfect fitment, consider the steps listed above, and if I can add:

Ā° Let the dry fitment spoiler sit in the sun before full mount.
Ā° Use a thicker gauge tape to avoid the gap/lift as pictured above.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Make sure to give a good rub down with isopropyl alcohol. It really makes a difference for the adhesion.
Followed by some adhesion promoter, if it hasnā€™t already been suggested or said.

OP
OP
EvilMKV

EvilMKV

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Took another shot at installing tonight using some better 3M molding tape and a better application method for the tape from @Kolme suggestion. Worked great this time. The very end of the tips could be a little better but they're laying pretty much flat to the body now after holding pressure for a bit. Love the look of it.

20230728_192036.jpg
20230728_192040.jpg
20230728_192048.jpg
20230728_192050.jpg

Kolme

First Name
Kolme
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Took another shot at installing tonight using some better 3M molding tape and a better application method for the tape from @Kolme suggestion. Worked great this time. The very end of the tips could be a little better but they're laying pretty much flat to the body now after holding pressure for a bit. Love the look of it.

20230728_192036.jpg
20230728_192040.jpg
20230728_192048.jpg
20230728_192050.jpg
Glad it worked out man! Looks great!!!