APG Big Brake Kit Issue

Ken951

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra CF
Need some help. I have a 2022 Supra and I am installing the APG BBK all around. We are having an issue with the rear electronic parking brake not fully disengaging from the calipers which doesn’t allow the car to roll freely. Does anyone have any advice? Thank you.
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Need some help. I have a 2022 Supra and I am installing the APG BBK all around. We are having an issue with the rear electronic parking brake not fully disengaging from the calipers which doesn’t allow the car to roll freely. Does anyone have any advice? Thank you.
The OEM rear brake caliper/parking brake? If so remove the 2 Allen heads holding the motor to the caliper then stick I think a 5 or 6mm Allen in there and pull the piston back all the way.

Joebednar4

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
This may sound incredibly stupid, but I've found I run into far less issues when I put it in diagnostic mode, before I do anything. That a possibility? When I replaced rear pads/rotors, I had zero issues with the electronic parking brake, that a lot of people have.

OP
OP

Ken951

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra CF
The OEM rear brake caliper/parking brake? If so remove the 2 Allen heads holding the motor to the caliper then stick I think a 5 or 6mm Allen in there and pull the piston back all the way.
No it’s a full aftermarket replacement with calipers and rotors on all four corners.

OP
OP

Ken951

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra CF
This may sound incredibly stupid, but I've found I run into far less issues when I put it in diagnostic mode, before I do anything. That a possibility? When I replaced rear pads/rotors, I had zero issues with the electronic parking brake, that a lot of people have.
It was in diagnostic mode

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
No it’s a full aftermarket replacement with calipers and rotors on all four corners.
Welcome to the club! Are you going to be tracking yours? As in the reason for the change

Joebednar4

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
It was in diagnostic mode
Figures. I know I use my ebrake every single time I park. Lately I feel like it has been sticking a bit when I try to take off. I feel it grab and makes a shit noise, but only for a brief second. I hope you can get it figured man.

OP
OP

Ken951

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra CF
Me too man