bZ4X

MK_Surrey

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lightning Yellow 3.0 Pro (2022 Delivery)
Screenshot_20220209-104753_BlueMail.jpg
In the UK there are significant tax advantages when you run an electric car through your own business and I've been considering one for a few months now

I'm not really a fan of most other electric cars on the market that are at a reasonable price. The Mach-E, Ioniq 5, ID3/4 etc.

I do like the Skoda Enyaq, but it's a tank, and I can't afford a Taycan being self-employed, unfortunately.

Thought the bZ4X looked like an interesting proposition and with the Supra arriving in a few weeks, I thought I'd become a Toyota household.

Anyone else running an electric beside their Supra? Or even considering the bZ4X?
Sponsored

Elektro

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
17 i3 94ah, 22 Supra 2.0
If it wasn't for my husband buying the i3 I wouldnt have started looking at the z4. If the supra didn't exist (hard body, price) I would have bought the z4. I like smaller cars but wanted more substantial than mx5 etc.

The actual "toyotas" I've owned have generally been terrible in the controls department (last had a prius prime). The i3 and supra have very similar controls with the idrive knob I have no trouble switching between them.

They are different cars (sport car vs city car) but I love how light the i3 feels. Sure there is not a lot of metal in it and it has essentially bicycle tires on the front lol. It works well for our needs.

LOL tax advantages. We got nothing (for buying used) and pay an extra $200 year for having an "alternative fuel vehicle". ?

OP
OP
MK_Surrey

MK_Surrey

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Lightning Yellow 3.0 Pro (2022 Delivery)
Thanks for the reply @Elektro. I've always been a fan of the i3, different and a forerunner. Glad you're enjoying it.

In the UK you can get a 100% tax write off for buying a BEV in year one and you don't have to pay the absurdly high rates of benefit payroll tax that ICE cars now attract.

The bZ4X will also come with Toyota's 10 year warranty (3 but extended by a year for free every year you service with Toyota).

The Supra has the same warranty scheme here which makes dealer servicing rather attractive.

I hear you on the controls, but the interior looks to be a decent step forward and with Android Auto my main actions such as audio, satnav, calls and messaging are covered by Hey Google.
Sponsored