Results are only viewable after voting.

VolcanicAshGrey

First Name
Isu
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 2023
I have not tried an adapter like that before. It might work, but for Android Auto the MMI box is the best method available, even though it is a hassle to install.

You are correct, an antenna is not needed (for Carplay). It is an option but it's not ideal because it doesn't use the car's native support.

With the MMI box, my phone would connect to it over Wifi and Bluetooth together. Both are required for it to work correctly. However, I stopped using it wirelessly because sometimes I just want Bluetooth on, but not use all the Android Auto features. So it also has a USB connection which I use when I want Android Auto.

You could contact @BRCoding for more details on the coding and how it would work on your car.
Hey that makes sense and thanks for the info! Even CarPlay wireless needs both wifi and bt. The carlinkit adapter works in a similar fashion. It connects onto the phone as opposed to the car head unit.

I am going to give this carlinkit thing a try. I just need some time to get it down coz it's in my home country. If it works, maybe it could be an alternate solution.. I have done a lot of research but no one mentions using the carlinkit with a supra. Website says it's supported.. but they can't really be trusted I suppose.
Sponsored

jaybee1981

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
MY22 A90 Supra
Hi Gents,
White MY22 Supra owner here in abu dhabi.

All stock atm. however getting my speakers replaced and 8 inch sub/amp fitted flush to the left in the trunk to sort the disappointing sound from stock. I'll keep you updated here.

Also if anyone could recommend any supra friendly shops that would be great.

JB