Carbon Fiber Side Mirrors on EBAY

pittperson

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
Are the OEM caps full CF or is it a thin layer of CF over plastic? Genuinely curious, my guess is the latter being that it is a cosmetic piece.

my $90 eBay ones look like the ones sold by vivid racing (minus the M styling).

As far as longevity, time will tell.

AT-IMG_6665_110x110@2x.jpg
Sponsored

SupraMK86

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 3.0 Premium
Autotecknic is the same wet carbon Ebay stuff you find for a fraction of the price. The OEM caps are a full prepreg part.

BrettS

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2011 gti
Vehicle Showcase
Are the OEM caps full CF or is it a thin layer of CF over plastic? Genuinely curious, my guess is the latter being that it is a cosmetic piece.
The TRD ones look like this.
CC2D2B90-D61A-41F3-9326-0165FDF9E27A.jpeg

majority of the other companies are essentially a cf overlay on a stock mirror cap

LoveToCamp

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
If never seems to amaze me to put cheap crap onto a brand new Supra. ?ā€ā™‚?ā€ā™‚?ā€ā™‚
Itā€™s a $50,000 car. Nobody can tell the difference. RexSpeed and other brands buy the same shit and rebrand it, and mark up the price. My eBay lip has been going strong for months and people with 2-3x pricier ā€œname brandā€ shit has had their cracked or not fitting well.

Even if I had a lambo Iā€™d buy cheap eBay shit if it fits well and the quality was decent.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Itā€™s a $50,000 car. Nobody can tell the difference. RexSpeed and other brands buy the same shit and rebrand it, and mark up the price. My eBay lip has been going strong for months and people with 2-3x pricier ā€œname brandā€ shit has had their cracked or not fitting well.

Even if I had a lambo Iā€™d buy cheap eBay shit if it fits well and the quality was decent.
Sorry, we arenā€™t all rich like you. $50-$60k car is a lot for me. Thanks. If you want to be typical Honda rice boi and get the cheapest parts. Go for it.

LoveToCamp

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Sorry, we arenā€™t all rich like you. $50-$60k car is a lot for me. Thanks. If you want to be typical Honda rice boi and get the cheapest parts. Go for it.
Like I said, itā€™s all rebranded here anyways. Look at the rexspeed v1/v2 lip spoiler for like $425-$500. Itā€™s literally the same eBay lip spoiler from Taiwan for $250. Same markings at the bottom and everything when you flip it inside out.

Enjoy wasting your money on ā€œname brandā€ when shit is THE SAME.

Attachments

21Supra

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium, Honda CRV Hybrid Touring
Like I said, itā€™s all rebranded here anyways. Look at the rexspeed v1/v2 lip spoiler for like $425-$500. Itā€™s literally the same eBay lip spoiler from Taiwan for $250. Same markings at the bottom and everything when you flip it inside out.

No you just dont understand. The order confirmation will have the namesake on there. That is how I will get my recognition.

Mimosa

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
-
Carbon fiber

That's not always true. Just because they come from the same factory doesn't mean they were fabricated the same way. There are multiple factories that get contracted to make the same design. Some go with epoxy or polyurethane. Some do pure carbon fiber and some do CFRP. There's also different tiers of quality control for factories. It all depends on what they've been contracted to do. The same factories will even offer lower tier items with the same design to be sold on Alibaba and Ebay.

It's like that with a lot of things. This is a very common practice with car parts, computer parts, cell phones, clothing, etc.

You do pay for the name. But you're also paying for the quality of materials used for fabrication and the amount of time used to inspect batches of product. At the end of the day it's up to you to decide whether it's worth it or not. The reason for the outrageous price from TRD and OEM-like performance companies is the amount of engineering that goes into ensuring perfect OEM like fitment. They come with fantastic hardware, fantastic templates, and are almost always pure carbon fiber with a plastic skeleton for mounting points. One other thing that you pay for is better customer support and higher end products usually come with some form of warranty.

Any body shop worth its salt will warn you about cheaper options out there. They have to deal with customers all the time about clear coat degradation and heat warping.

There is NOTHING wrong with getting cheaper stuff as long as you are willing to accept risks and/or don't really care.

f22bub

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
I got mine from AliExpress and was worried that the M Style would look to gimmicky, but being a former BMW driver I actually really like how it looms on my A91.

They were about 100 bucks with premium shipping and customs: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4000809704410.html

20210618_232245.jpg

20210303_114410.jpg

BobbyC1221

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Iā€™ve heard the M3 versions gets rid of a lot of the wobble sound when driving with the window down. Is that true? Iā€™ve been considering getting the M one just for that but Iā€™m not really a fan of the spiked look.
Sponsored