Cutout Valve Power Gains / Turbo Spool Increase

NiceBMW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Gotcha, don't think it'll do much besides more noise. DAW can get you a 3.5" exit one for a decent price if you reach out to Shawn. Would be worth it in my opinion
Sponsored

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
Gotcha, don't think it'll do much besides more noise. DAW can get you a 3.5" exit one for a decent price if you reach out to Shawn. Would be worth it in my opinion
it won’t fit my turbo.

NiceBMW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Makes sense with the top-mount. I'm not sure what the ID of the entire DP is but it may be worth having a good exhaust guy modify the one you have to 3.5-4". I even have 2' of stainless 3.5" left over from my experiment if you could use it.

OP
OP
stormgreysupra

stormgreysupra

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.oemplusmods.com
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra A90 Edition
Makes sense with the top-mount. I'm not sure what the ID of the entire DP is but it may be worth having a good exhaust guy modify the one you have to 3.5-4". I even have 2' of stainless 3.5" left over from my experiment if you could use it.
appreciate that but I don’t want to go to that extent. I still have to upgrade the intake manifold, fuel system and transmission which will bring way bigger gains.

i just thought if a simple cutout valve makes a significant amount of difference it’s worth doing.

NiceBMW

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Understood man. The cutout couldn't hurt but a bottleneck still exists. GL with the build!