SupraLeggera

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0
Incompetent dealership experience.

I booked my car in for an oil change. Dealer realized they had ran out of Supra oil as they were draining my car, so I had to wait 3.5hrs for an oil change...

In that (wasted) time on the lift, a younger tech spotted it still had the delivery strut pucks on the car that should have been removed with the PDI. (Seems they never did the PDI on my car because they used it at an autoshow before I bought it and i never had dashboard software installed when I bought it)

I've been driving the car for a year and put 10k miles on it. Should I be concerned about suspension damage?
Sponsored

OP
OP
SupraLeggera

SupraLeggera

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0
(Also the car has been serviced 3 or 4 times at the dealership and this was NEVER caught)

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
It happens all the time across every brand. I always go over my cars with a tech to make sure everything is done. The pucks, software updates, etc.
And get rid of that crap oil. Put some good stuff in there. Your engine will thank you.

OP
OP
SupraLeggera

SupraLeggera

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0
It happens all the time across every brand. I always go over my cars with a tech to make sure everything is done. The pucks, software updates, etc.
And get rid of that crap oil. Put some good stuff in there. Your engine will thank you.

Yes lesson learned. Next new car I buy I want to see the PDI checklist completed and the pucks in the trunk. I think my expectations are too high for dealer service centers.

The overpriced GR branded oil is bad?

OP
OP
SupraLeggera

SupraLeggera

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0
The overpriced GR branded oil is bad?

No, he just means change out the break in oil after 1500-2000
[/QUOTE]

Oh to clarify, I got the break-in oil replaced after 1k miles. Another oil change at 5k miles and this one at 10k miles.

This was following the B58 maintenance advice of a BMW tech and not the Toyota manual.

SavageGTR34

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
Personally I ran about 1200 miles on the oil that came in it then switched to motul 8100 xclean 5W30. I get Toyota engineers worked with BMW on the engine but I left Toyota after 10 yrs (trucking now) an always felt that oil weight was just to thin. When that opted for that same lite weight stuff in a performance car I honestly thought they were nuts. Most ppl are opting for a 5w30 vs Toyota’s recommended oil. That turbo needs as much protection as possible along with the rest of the engine.
Just my opinion here. Stop using that Supra oil Toyota sells and opt for something better. Purchased my Supra March of 21 an granted it’s only got 2200 miles on it (I drive 48 weeks a year normally an live in northern mid west) but I’ve not had any issues using that oil. It’s full syn so your covered their
Sponsored