DTRL at Night Coding?

SkynFEvrythng

First Name
Cheng Chang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium
I haven’t seen anyone talk about this yet but it’s probably because there is no option. I’m curious to see if there’s a possibility to code the DTRL to be brighter and use it at night? I personally like the DTRL strip of LED that lights up and was wondering if it can be used properly for night drives? And it just looks cooler too.
Sponsored

OP
OP
SkynFEvrythng

SkynFEvrythng

First Name
Cheng Chang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Most of us just use our headlights.
Yeah so do I but I’m asking if there’s a possibility to have the DTRL just as bright as the headlights and use it at night instead.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Don’t believe there is and also wouldn’t believe the LED strip could produce enough lumens to function safely as a headlight.

Edit: Also that strip blinks for the front signal so essentially your headlight would be blinking amber whenever you indicate.

OP
OP
SkynFEvrythng

SkynFEvrythng

First Name
Cheng Chang
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Don’t believe there is and also wouldn’t believe the LED strip could produce enough lumens to function safely as a headlight.
Thank you tons! Guess I’ll be using it only for night time pictures.

JST

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'06 Subaru LGT, '21 CX-5 Sig, '22 Supra 3.0

Edit: Also that strip blinks for the front signal so essentially your headlight would be blinking amber whenever you indicate.
For sure, the LED strips have zero throw. They would be useless as headlights.
Sponsored