Eton Speaker Install And Review

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Turbulence, 2021 Jeep Rubicon 4xe
I wanted to upgrade the main (tweeters and front mid/woofer) speakers in the car and preferred a drop in plug and play solution. There are a number of options out there from Bavsound and Bimmertech. But in my reasearch I came across a German company called ”Eton” that is very popular in the BMW community.

The model for our cars is the Eton B100W (front 4” woofer and tweeter). I also read that many BMW owners said swapping out the stock center channel tweeter/woofer combo also made a big difference so I ordered that as well (model number for the Supra is B100CXN, it’s a coax). You can find it on EBay from German sellers and they ship it but I found it was cheaper to order it directly from Extremeaudio.de website.

$360 shipped for everything. As I said it’s all plug and play and you don’t need to buy any additional adapters, mounting plates, etc. I got everything in about 7 days via Fedex and I was supplied a tracking number right away.

I followed the Bimmertech and Bavsound Youtube videos for install and it was very straightforward. I only broke one plastic clip :)

I also followed Tada’s guide and used sound deadening and some acoustic foam. I did t want to add a lot of weight so I only applied it to select areas he outlined in his excellent guide:

https://www.supramkv.com/threads/improving-oe-door-speaker-clarity-and-depth.5427/

Prior to this install I also did the subwoofer mod (cutting ports and using speaker dampening for subs), and also adjusted the EQ and disabled the fake engine noise over the speakers using Bimmercode. These things all made a noticeable improvement.

Overall listening impressions. Eton uses silk dome tweeters and it’s immediately noticeable how much warmer the sound is. I never felt the JBL speakers were terrible (after the aforementioned improvements), but I thought they were a little fatiguing at higher volumes and a l definetly felt the 4” woofers were lacking.

Everything just sounds much richer and fuller. Highs are warmer and not as pronounced (I actually adjusted the EQ to add more back to the highs). The Eton 4” woofers seem to punch harder. Overall I’m very happy, you can crank the volume up and it’s not fatiguing at all. I think they will sound even better as they break in a little.

Was it worth $360? I think so. I have plans to add an amp and sub as well but I’m not in as big a hurry now :)

Just a few pics of the Eaton speakers and provided adapters, and some sound deadening on a door panel.

D17B828B-2166-4762-8E44-5C984E72ED66.jpeg

EE8034F6-55B7-444C-B8C8-CCD44290EC80.jpeg

E6A74F6E-9A7F-4D52-9DF1-E4F158C14381.jpeg
Sponsored

BG500

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2019 Supra
Thanks for sharing, this will be my next project ??

Jammon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra, BRZ, MGB, Triumph TR3, AH 100-4,
Thanks for sharing, this will be my next project ??
Looks like a nice setup. I did the same up grade in the doors only and used Focal mid-range-tweeters ( Amazon.com: Focal ES 100 K 4" K2 Power 2-Way Component Speakers : Electronics ). The highs are more pleasant and the mid-bass has more punch. I also have an Audio Plus sub which is very good and worth the money. With the combination of Audio Plus SUB, Focal speakers, sound damping in doors and 3M Thinsulate Acoustic Insulation; the system is very good.

OP
OP

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Where did you apply the acoustic insulation
In the opening where the 4” driver goes. I followed pretty much what Tada did in the link I provided in this thread.

Jammon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Where did you apply the acoustic insulation
On the inside of the door, on the metal part, not the removable panel. Did the same to my BRZ and did not have any issue with water. Thinsulate helped with road noise and tighter bass. After installing Thinsulate a friend said that I must have replaced the amp--I did not.

Moorman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Website
photos.app.goo.gl
Car(s)
2020 Supra (RIP); 2021 Tesla Model 3 Long Range
... I never felt the JBL speakers were terrible (after the aforementioned improvements), but I thought they were a little fatiguing at higher volumes and a l definetly felt the 4” woofers were lacking.
This is exactly how I feel and even more so after installing the OEM Audio+ sub/amp/dsp...think I'll have to give this a try, nice find!

OP
OP

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
This is exactly how I feel and even more so after installing the OEM Audio+ sub/amp/dsp...think I'll have to give this a try, nice find!
oemaudio+ is great, I installed their system in my WRX. I would talk to them about replacing the stock speakers though as they have tuned their DSP and EQ specifically for the stock speakers.

Jammon

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I have the same setup and agree that JBL speaker can't handle listening levels. I have replaced the doors speakers only and am very pleased.

mr_sparkle6666

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
Just bought these exact speakers for my 2022. Well not exactly, I searched high and low for the center B100cnx and the only thing I found was the mb100cnx so I ordered that. It is a center for Mercedes Benz and not our car. I thought maybe I’d get lucky and be able to make it fit and swap the wiring harness. To my surprise the wiring harness was the same but the speaker just would not fit. Probably could have strong armed it in there but that would defeat the whole plug and play aspect so I just sucked it up and bought the correct center and paid another $40 shipping.

The correct model number for the center is B100XCN

Looking forward to installing these once it’s not 20 degrees in my garage. Just comparing the center to the incorrect replacement speaker it looks like a huge upgrade in material quality. Also got some deadening material to do the door panels so should be getting a nice upgrade to the audio soon

Probably a better chance of hitting the powerball, but if anyone sees this and thinks this center would fit in their Benz hit me up and pay for shipping and it’s yours free. Otherwise this thing will collect dust in my garage. Not going to bother to return it as the shipping will eat half the refund and honestly can’t be bothered to go through all that just to get back like $30

mr_sparkle6666

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
Can someone confirm the correct speaker? https://www.ebay.ca/itm/323918888293
It’s wrong

https://www.extremeaudio.de/search?search=b100w

this search result shows both the b100w and the b100w2 and they appear to be for different applications. The b100w is definitely the one you want

I purchased the components and the center channel (b100xcn) from the link above. Shipping was $40 from Germany to the US. Came in about a week. I found them all on eBay eventually but they were more expensive there.
Sponsored