Ryno8000

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2020
Hey guys,

new to this forum, was on another but I think they where better for Supra mk3.

Toyota Supra NOV 2019 A90 GTS

Please HELP, can’t get any truth from Toyota and crap support for the Supra, they tell me they have only sold 2 and it’s not coming up with errors but since I purchased the car it sounded great, nice exhaust noise, classic Supra burble and pops, even when driving very slow.

toyota updated ecu and ever since the car has gotten more and more quiet almost to the point today it sounded like it was in standard mode. All Toyota could explain that The ECU was adaptive and has learnt to be more tame and sound has tuned out threw learning, which I thinks crap.
Also the GTR roar start up has now gone since update. They tried to update the car because we thought it came with apple car play it took 2 visits before they told us it dosent have apple car play in australia.

it’s been about 8 weeks and I can’t get anywhere with the car only thing I though was to get the BM3 boot mod and try change settings but I want to make sure there’s nothing wrong with the car first as I know this will most likely void warranty.

I have 2 things thats funny with the car
1 vid I have is cold start and car would not rev, throttle response was all retarded (sorry for the term) and then spat out a rev then stalled.
A few starts the car sounded real sick and then stalled about 4 times in 3 or 4 weeks
I have another vid of the left passenger side with a ticking noise, sounds like heat expansion noise when you turn a car off but this is when it’s on then you hear it also when you turn off.
Car was purchased as a demo with 3ks on the clock and was driven by the manager mostly.

I have watched hundreds of YouTube vids and can’t keep looking, I was hoping for an Aussie support as I know the exhaust systems are slightly different to the US and EU.

many help would be awesome, I really appreciate it. I’ll try and work out how to post vids, sorry the throttling one is hard to hear because of the radio, but you can hear my foot hitting the padal.

thanks
Ryan
Sponsored

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
Hey guys,

Please HELP, can’t get any truth from Toyota and crap support for the Supra, they tell me they have only sold 2 and it’s not coming up with errors but since I purchased the car it sounded great, nice exhaust noise, classic Supra burble and pops, even when driving very slow.

toyota updated ecu and ever since the car has gotten more and more quiet almost to the point today it sounded like it was in standard mode. All Toyota could explain that The ECU was adaptive and has learnt to be more tame and sound has tuned out threw learning, which I thinks crap.
Also the GTR roar start up has now gone since update. They tried to update the car because we thought it came with apple car play it took 2 visits before they told us it dosent have apple car play in australia.

it’s been about 8 weeks and I can’t get anywhere with the car only thing I though was to get the BM3 boot mod and try change settings but I want to make sure there’s nothing wrong with the car first as I know this will most likely void warranty.

1 vid I have is cold start and car would not rev, throttle response was all retarded (sorry for the term) and then spat out a rev then stalled.
A few starts the car sounded real sick and then stalled about 4 times in 3 or 4 weeks
I have another vid of the left passenger side with a ticking noise, sounds like heat expansion noise when you turn a car off but this is when it’s on then you hear it also when you turn off.
Car was purchased as a demo with 3ks on the clock and was driven by the manager mostly.

I have watched hundreds of YouTube vids and can’t keep looking, I was hoping for an Aussie support as I know the exhaust systems are slightly different to the US and EU.

many help would be awesome, I really appreciate it. I’ll try and work out how to post vids, sorry the throttling one is hard to hear because of the radio, but you can hear my foot hitting the padal.

thanks
Ryan
My car’s throttle behaved similarly at idle when I first purchased it; no longer the case. I would suspect yours will change, but I’m not certain as you have a lot on the clock: more than me. I think this is manufacturer supplied profilaxis, but perhaps something is up at this point. Does it happen only when parked?Mine has never stalled so far.

The ticking sounds normal: heating and cooling and the expansion and contraction of metal.

Uploading videos to YouTube or someplace and then posting a link seems to work best.

OP
OP

Ryno8000

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2020
My car’s throttle behaved similarly at idle when I first purchased it; no longer the case. I would suspect yours will change, but I’m not certain as you have a lot on the clock: more than me. I think this is manufacturer supplied profilaxis, but perhaps something is up at this point. Does it happen only when parked?Mine has never stalled so far.

The ticking sounds normal: heating and cooling and the expansion and contraction of metal.

Uploading videos to YouTube or someplace and then posting a link seems to work best.
Thanks mate, video links should work now.
One other thing that came of another Supra site was quite interesting and this member told me that BMW are tuning out the exhaust noise from the BMW and most likely the Supra, not sure how to prove but a very big issue if that’s the case as Toyota don’t want to roll back the update. Not sure if it’s possible or not.

Attachments

Nomicon

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Nissan Patrol
Hey guys,

thanks
Ryan
Hi mate, bit late replying but I have a 2019 and tuned with BM3. I had previously tried to get Toyota to enable apple carplay but they were clueless.

I bit the bullet and fitted a decat downpipe and stage 2 BM3 tune, no regrets and a whole lot more power and noise.

Car had 4k on the clock when I flashed it. Just sitting at 18k now and zero issues.

Will have to drop by the dealer at 20k for a service, shall have a quiet word and suggest they don't flash/update the ECU only reset the service reminder.

OP
OP

Ryno8000

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra GTS 2020
Hi mate, bit late replying but I have a 2019 and tuned with BM3. I had previously tried to get Toyota to enable apple carplay but they were clueless.

I bit the bullet and fitted a decat downpipe and stage 2 BM3 tune, no regrets and a whole lot more power and noise.

Car had 4k on the clock when I flashed it. Just sitting at 18k now and zero issues.

Will have to drop by the dealer at 20k for a service, shall have a quiet word and suggest they don't flash/update the ECU only reset the service reminder.
Hey Nomicon, thanks for your reply, I did the same and just organized EuroWerks to install catted down pipe, mst air filter and charge pipe, booked for 8th of April, so should be a lot nicer with the BM3 installed.
did you get yours custom tuned or just use the provided maps. Is it easy to work out the exhaust tuning from the app?
Mines just done 5k, so I think it should be fine. There also going to tune the transmission and heat shield the down pipe.
Did you find a big difference after the upgrade? And did you get much smell from the catted exhaust?

sorry for all the questions, hard to find anything inside australia. Cheers

nse

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Supra, LS2 FD RX7
I picked up my Supra from Tuggerah and drove it back to Qld :) It was at the Ford dealer with 2400km.

I can't help with the few issues you had but I do have a downpipe, intake and BM3 stage 2 OTS tune. The BM3 makes a massive difference in power and you'll be able to adjust the burbles to your liking (I wound mine right back on the weekend and reduced the GTS startup).

Once flex fuel becomes live on the BM3 I'll get a custom tune. I'm also keen for a bit more noise so I'd like to see if they can adjust the exhaust flap to be like the US spec to be closed on Comfort and open on Sport. If so I'd happily get an aftermarket exhaust.

Nomicon

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Nissan Patrol
Hey Nomicon, thanks for your reply, I did the same and just organized EuroWerks to install catted down pipe, mst air filter and charge pipe, booked for 8th of April, so should be a lot nicer with the BM3 installed.
did you get yours custom tuned or just use the provided maps. Is it easy to work out the exhaust tuning from the app?
Mines just done 5k, so I think it should be fine. There also going to tune the transmission and heat shield the down pipe.
Did you find a big difference after the upgrade? And did you get much smell from the catted exhaust?

sorry for all the questions, hard to find anything inside australia. Cheers
All good mate, haha, yeah its a little thin on the ground info wise in Aus.

I had a bit more fuel smell with the decat, but it's a toy for me so don't mind noise and smells!

Went with the OTS map, power is a huge step. I picked up a USB-C to ethernet cable and connected to my macbook, then just load BM3 and change all the settings.

Turned off the fake exhaust audio, turned on the GTS roar and for fun, maxed out burble aggression.

Probably going to tone it down a bit till I pick up a new exhaust though.

jdbadb

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type-R, 2021 Toyota Supra 3.0
My 21 did the same throttle thing when I bought it. Maybe had 500 miles on it and throttle was dead at idle when I tried to rev it, didn’t respond to any throttle position. Put the car in drive and drove it around the block and havent had the issue again. I have about 2000 miles now. Also, my car starts up pretty “boring” when cold. But warm starts sound very aggressive with lots of burbles lol

Reppunkamui

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Supra 2020, Toyota Supra 1994, BMW 135i M-Sport,
I've changed the catback to the HKS one on mine and had sent it for service in February. Sounds the same. Not sure if the catback is just burble crazy or my ECU didn't get flashed. (Also have a high flow down pipe, but I never thought it added much to the noise).

Regarding exhaust. It is identical to US, except for the catback.

Still want my apple carplay...

ak4422

First Name
alex
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
anyone else have this issue with their 2020? I have a 2021 and was honestly looking to get a 2020 for the stock pops/crackles. Little sus about the 2020 now if Toyota is really tuning them out during service visits..
Sponsored