First dent on any car 😂👍

tg_mkv

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV
add the hassle to deal with it. that's the number one issue I have :)
Claim with your insurer. fill out their forms, provide pictures.
Wait for resolution. Get calls at random hours when you're busy. Call them back. Go thru stupid prompts. Wait for parts. Pay deductible. Wait for service to have time for you, be carless or be with crappy loaner car for few days. go on about your day. stop at grocery store with loaner. some idiot trucker leave an imprint of their door edge on the loaner! deal with that hassle. end up costing more than your repairs.
true story.

I don't know what people are driving in Italy, maybe bunch of Fiat 500s that they don't care to use as bumper cars, but that's also the home of many exotic cars.. I heard that people behave differently in Italy though. As in, if you stop at red, you'll be rear ended 🤣

Anyhow, to each to their own, but I agree. It's your property. If it's damaged it's devalued. It may never get back to factory condition. Some don't care about money as it's materialistic, some do. If you knock a lousy mailbox, that's federal offense 😁. If everyone is OK with being careless on the road, yeah sure, I'll accidentally pit every car I don't want on road. lol. There's common sense, you share the road. that's why there is insurance, liability, etc. You have to respect others. Be cautious. Own up to your mistake. don't brake check. don't brake check trucks especially if you're on a f'ing motorcycle. don't ride your bike in the middle of the road. don't signal right and make a left turn. don't slow down almost to a stop, then signal. etc.
if it's careless mistake that caused the accident, it's more frustrating. if it's genuine accident, like your tire blew up, lost control, someone else crashed into you and you crashed into me, it was snowy, even with snow tires and proper distance car couldn't stop. if it was icy. these are acceptable by me as genuine reasons. others, I was putting make up on, I was head banging to my fav music, was juggling balls.. brakes busted, tires bald, no mirrors, unacceptable.....
windy day, shopping cart left unattended.. un-f'ing-acceptable.

Man! I just got this car. you did? ok lemme smash into it.

in this day n age, rear camera, parking sensor, BSM, should come standard. Car's have gotten heavier and more expensive anyhow. what's a $100 more gonna do. save you from an accident.

my $0.02. no hold on, I take that back. $0.00
Had someone key our brand new X5 M last summer. Really takes a special type of person to go that far to ruin someone's day.
Sponsored

Zoomie

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2005 RSX, 2021 4Runner, 2023 GR Supra 3.0MT
I hear what you're saying Supra_UK_, but it's also unrealistic to think a car will stay perfect if you take it outside and drive it. You will always have SOME degree of wear and tear. We don't buy houses and expect them to stay show-room perfect so it's a recipe for insanity hoping you can drive (or track) a car and somehow expect no chips or scratches.

All that aside, I rage with the rest of you whenever I see a chip or scratch on my cars. If I take the time to park carefully and away from everyone else, I shouldn't come back to find a ding in my door. People who do it on purpose because of jealousy or blind carelessness should be charged with vandalism and forced to pay for repairs AND any devaluation of the vehicle.

Don't get me started on shopping carts. They're such a simple way to judge someone's character!