Formula 1 Talk

johnnyskids

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Civic Si
Usually, I don't get into much F1 or Moto GP during the off season. Almost always full of crap, hearsay and rumors. Most I may do is read some articles on crash. The Toto thing was so stupid, was caused by a "source" that publishes crap and garbage and proven wrong all the time. I don't think anyone cares about Suzie running the F1 Academy "giving information" to Toto when they are basically Formula 4 cars. There is nothing for him to gain... at all....
Yeah it’s just the regular off season rumours to keep pumping out F1 “news” articles. I wouldn’t pay too much attention to much of it.

Are there some grains of truth mixed in there, sure, but they typically get exaggerated and sensationalized for clicks. Like the whole FIA meddling, this is just the organization that runs F1 doing their usual post season reviews and seeing what they can change and improve for the next season. It happens every season.
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
I’d love to find a good podcast on F1 but I haven’t really found one I really enjoy yet. I’ve tried WTF1 and Late Braking to some extent they’re not bad but have a hard time keeping my attention.
If you fast forward about 2 minutes past the garbage intro, we really like Red Flags Pod. They are absolutely hilarious and once they settle in, pretty spot on. The latest one they had an Elizabeth Blackstock with them and it was really good listening to her take as well.

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
I don't care what anyone says: DTS is a great watch for anyone who can ignore the taken-out-of-context, false drama. Well, apparently it's a good watch for those who are into that also.
I've seen every single episode, some more than once. I've seen the entire Brawn series. I'm a huge car nut, still. I love everything racing, particularly Formula 1. It all excites me, that these shows exist to show what goes on behind the scenes..... Kinda.
Then again, I'm pretty easy to please. I also love the fast and the furious movies lol
All of that, in no way, detracts for what I do behind the wheel.
I just like having fun, that includes anything car related.

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I like DTS a lot. I binge it as soon as it comes out, I don’t watch F1 because of DTS, I watch DTS for the extra BTS stuff they show. I watch a lot of the F1 teams YT channels for the BTS content also. Same with Moto GP. I started watching Moto GP a little before “Faster” came out, and that hooked me and up until a couple years ago I watched every race and practice and quali of Moto GP. Then Rossi retired and prices went up and I just haven’t really watched it unless I can catch the race on NBC sports. With out really having a favorite anymore, and the riders I did follow gone, along with it becoming the “Ducati Cup” I just kinda keep track of the races and championship hoping to find someone that will grab my attention and really give me a reason to get back into it as much as I use to.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I like DTS a lot. I binge it as soon as it comes out, I don’t watch F1 because of DTS, I watch DTS for the extra BTS stuff they show. I watch a lot of the F1 teams YT channels for the BTS content also. Same with Moto GP. I started watching Moto GP a little before “Faster” came out, and that hooked me and up until a couple years ago I watched every race and practice and quali of Moto GP. Then Rossi retired and prices went up and I just haven’t really watched it unless I can catch the race on NBC sports. With out really having a favorite anymore, and the riders I did follow gone, along with it becoming the “Ducati Cup” I just kinda keep track of the races and championship hoping to find someone that will grab my attention and really give me a reason to get back into it as much as I use to.
Man the Rossi and Stoner years were incredible!

Any ideas who will be Verstappen’s biggest rival next year?

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
Invest struggled with MotoGP too, I just haven’t gotten into a great rivalry since Marc and Valentino were battling.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No idea. Won't really know until Q3 in the first race as winter testing times are never representative.
It will be interesting for sure! Max seems sooooooo dialed in. Wonder if he‘ll be able to maintain that level of consistency even if/when Red Bull isn’t making the best car on the planet or if they loose Christian Horner? Like Lewis has done. Hamilton stays incredibly consistent & so far ahead of the rest of the pack. Even in that Mercedes.

It’d be tough to be in Max’s shoes after that insane 2023 performance. Totally get how y’all got so hooked on the sport. Fantastic so far!

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
It will be interesting for sure! Max seems sooooooo dialed in. Wonder if he‘ll be able to maintain that level of consistency even if/when Red Bull isn’t making the best car on the planet or if they loose Christian Horner? Like Lewis has done. Hamilton stays incredibly consistent & so far ahead of the rest of the pack. Even in that Mercedes.

It’d be tough to be in Max’s shoes after that insane 2023 performance. Totally get how y’all got so hooked on the sport. Fantastic so far!
Exactly. Hamilton/Mercedes also had a lot of luck to finish P3/P2 in the standings. Aston Martin lost a ton of points because of Stroll, Alonso lost a lot because Aston Martin couldn't keep up with the rate of development of Mercedes and McLaren, which brings me to McLaren who had a terrible car at the start of the year, which gave Mercedes a nice headstart in the points. Ferrari should've finished P2, and would've done so if not for Leclerc not making the Brazil GP start and Sainz's Miami troubles. The main strength of Mercedes, and Hamilton is consistency. Their cars almost always finish (unless you're Russell in Singapore 🙃 ) and over 22 races that adds up. Mercedes had a somewhat level line from start to finish whereas Aston Martin declined, and McLaren started low and improved. I don't think the Mercedes finished the season as the 2nd fastest car, the Ferrari and at some tracks the McLaren were faster, but, having that consistency when they were the 2nd fastest got them where they ended up.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Exactly. Hamilton/Mercedes also had a lot of luck to finish P3/P2 in the standings. Aston Martin lost a ton of points because of Stroll, Alonso lost a lot because Aston Martin couldn't keep up with the rate of development of Mercedes and McLaren, which brings me to McLaren who had a terrible car at the start of the year, which gave Mercedes a nice headstart in the points. Ferrari should've finished P2, and would've done so if not for Leclerc not making the Brazil GP start and Sainz's Miami troubles. The main strength of Mercedes, and Hamilton is consistency. Their cars almost always finish (unless you're Russell in Singapore 🙃 ) and over 22 races that adds up. Mercedes had a somewhat level line from start to finish whereas Aston Martin declined, and McLaren started low and improved. I don't think the Mercedes finished the season as the 2nd fastest car, the Ferrari and at some tracks the McLaren were faster, but, having that consistency when they were the 2nd fastest got them where they ended up.
Fantastic take!

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
If you fast forward about 2 minutes past the garbage intro, we really like Red Flags Pod. They are absolutely hilarious and once they settle in, pretty spot on. The latest one they had an Elizabeth Blackstock with them and it was really good listening to her take as well.

I just got around to giving these guys a listen, they are really good. I listened to 2 podcasts of theirs and both were better than what I’ve been listening to.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)