Formula 1 Talk

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
While I'm sure the "heritage" aspect played a part in the decision (and 9-figure contract), I like to think it was a more frivolous decision. I think he looked in his garage and said "I've got too many promo Mercedes already... I want some free Ferrari's in here as well."

Sure he can afford anything right now, but since they're forced to show "brand loyalty" under contract I believe - he just didn't want to wait until retirement to daily drive a Ferrari. ;)
LH has never been restricted by any team on what he could drive. Never at Mercedes. He has owned and sold his La Ferrari among others. Ferrari ownership is not a 'career' point decision when his networth is about to more than double.
Sponsored

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Journalists couldn’t find out why he’s being investigated and here you find it no problem.
Protection clauses are needed for anyone in public light just to do their damn job. What happened to Toto’s wife investigation? Damn this stuff sucks the life out of any sport. The amount of jump to conclusion, people being offended or let me be offended for you has gotten so out of control.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2020/jun/23/fbi-investigation-bubba-wallace-noose-nascar

Anyone remember this ☝

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Porsche 911 964, Tacoma, 2021 Absolute Zero Premium
latest rumors, Newey to Ferrari.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
I did see some scuttlebutt about there being something in Horner’s and Newey’s contracts saying if one leaves the other can too. (I also heard the same about Verstappen’s contract to Newey.)

And that would make some sense as to why Lewis is going to Ferrari.

Just throwing shit at the wall to see if any sticks.

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yea dudes, I have no real idea if it’s true or not, I was drunk posting last night and my GF showed me her phone which had Newey and his wife pictured and the caption Newey’s wife hints at move to Ferrari. I thought it was funny so I put it here, I can’t even find the article now😁

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Rumors, RUMORS, are saying Newey’s right-hand-man is moving to Ferrari. Hmm…

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Yeah saw that too. That is possible, and if so that would be a blow.
Any word on Christian or how this affects him? Sorry I’ve been out of the loop. So dadgum busy 😅

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
Any word on Christian or how this affects him? Sorry I’ve been out of the loop. So dadgum busy 😅
No secret I don't care for RB, Horner or Max, if these dumb rumors are true about RB or Helmut or even the one that I just read how the Verstappen family is wanting him out, then I do believe this will be the fall of RB. Max will go down as one of the GOATs no question.. Horner will go down as one of the best team principles in F1 (if this doesn't fuck him) But it seems this has more to do with Helmut and the Austrian based side of things wanting him gone. (unless of course he did send a dick pic to a female colleague then what a monumental fuck up)

If Horner leaves.... gets fired... a bunch will jump ship. Same happened to Ferrari back when Schumacher retired and Ross Brown left, many followed after, and Ferrari has never been the same.

OP
OP
RWhiz

RWhiz

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I am a fan of Max, but I think Jos is a douche bag. If it is coming from the Verstappen family (and it sounds like it may be) and Horner is run off, rightfully or not then I agree a lot of talent will jump out of RB.

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I’d love to see how far this current (RB) team can go and how the competition reacts. F1 needs Red Bull, Max and Christian. Love em or hate em. Will Lewis (or Charles) be that much better at Ferrari? Will Lando and Oscar be fighting amongst themselves, chasing Max or a bit of both? Engineering wise & teams making their cars to match their drivers the best they can. Now I can better appreciate how much this is a team sport after watching every race. I really hope they don’t come up with something petty.

Last edited:

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I love how all this shit is happening and we haven’t even gotten to preseason testing yet. This year is either going to keep you on the edge of your seat or be like an overeager teenager that peaks too soon.

RenRed2

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 BMW M240i / 23 BMW M2
No secret I don't care for RB, Horner or Max, if these dumb rumors are true about RB or Helmut or even the one that I just read how the Verstappen family is wanting him out, then I do believe this will be the fall of RB. Max will go down as one of the GOATs no question.. Horner will go down as one of the best team principles in F1 (if this doesn't fuck him) But it seems this has more to do with Helmut and the Austrian based side of things wanting him gone. (unless of course he did send a dick pic to a female colleague then what a monumental fuck up)

If Horner leaves.... gets fired... a bunch will jump ship. Same happened to Ferrari back when Schumacher retired and Ross Brown left, many followed after, and Ferrari has never been the same.
Horner under the current structure is an employee of RedBull Racing and not RedBull Corporate who owns RedBull Racing. He had his nose bent over Marko and is under pressure. Marko is a Corporate employee and technically his boss. Horner is the mouthpiece of the team. Marko has the board's ear. Max was not pleased last season when pressure was being applied to reduce Marko's role and that was being blamed on Horner.

Do the Max and Corporate math on this. This event with Horner and the employee is serious enough the Corporate Board and CEO took the time to investigate. Does anyone know what that time is worth? This is quite interesting from a Management/Corporate political perspective. The Board is looking at Horner personally.
Sponsored