Front Pads Stuck?

Scott B

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No Supra Yet
I have about 500 miles on the car and am trying to swap pads…removed the pins and tension bracket but the pads seem stuck in the caliper. It’s so strange. I even tried to compress the pistons by and and then with channel locks to no avail…being so new there isn’t much travel left I suppose. Anyone else have this issue? Is there a trick to extracting nearly brand new pads?
Sponsored

Feldro

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra Premium A90 MT
I have about 500 miles on the car and am trying to swap pads…removed the pins and tension bracket but the pads seem stuck in the caliper. It’s so strange. I even tried to compress the pistons by and and then with channel locks to no avail…being so new there isn’t much travel left I suppose. Anyone else have this issue? Is there a trick to extracting nearly brand new pads?
I think the factory pads also use adhesive to keep them in place?

OP
OP

Scott B

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No Supra Yet
I think the factory pads also use adhesive to keep them in place?
That’s definitely what it feels like. What’s the trick to break them loose?

suicidaleggroll

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium, 2012 WRX
I haven’t swapped mine yet so I don’t have first hand knowledge, but from the videos I’ve seen they recommend gently tapping a putty knife or similar between the pad and piston to cut through the adhesive. I recommend pulling up a few videos to see how they do it.

OP
OP

Scott B

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
No Supra Yet
Two different sized putty knives and a small hammer did the trick for me. Learned something new!
Sponsored