Sold: FS PowerNeedy high-flow catted downpipe

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Any other downsides of going cat-less? Besides smell, too loud, possible check engine light?

FLtrackdays

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Supra 3.0, ND MX5 Club, VW GTI MK7.5
Not passing emissions, state-dependent.
Gotcha... Florida did away with that so long ago, I didn't realize that was still a thing. I went cat-less on a RX8 and the engine light (O2 sensor) was the only down side (and the car would go into dreaded "limp-mode" - who the hell knows what or if that caused it). Maybe a dumb question, didn't know if deleting it threw any other computer flags or things to countermeasure on the Supra that you guys have experienced?

Bad Karma

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 2.0
Gotcha... Florida did away with that so long ago, I didn't realize that was still a thing. I went cat-less on a RX8 and the engine light (O2 sensor) was the only down side (and the car would go into dreaded "limp-mode" - who the hell knows what or if that caused it). Maybe a dumb question, didn't know if deleting it threw any other computer flags or things to countermeasure on the Supra that you guys have experienced?
I've heard of CELs and overboost problems with a catless DP and a tune but that's really it. In my shitty state, RI, any CEL is an automatic inspection fail; so that's why I'm waiting until after my inspection to throw a catless DP on there and exhaust. I'll sell it before my next inspection is due two years after that.

OP
OP
Deighvid

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
I've heard of CELs and overboost problems with a catless DP and a tune but that's really it. In my shitty state, RI, any CEL is an automatic inspection fail; so that's why I'm waiting until after my inspection to throw a catless DP on there and exhaust. I'll sell it before my next inspection is due two years after that.
@FLtrackdays

Yeah and there's not a huge benefit to going catless without a tune so it's mostly just noise and the negatives until you tune (maybe a bit faster spool but I haven't noticed much in the week I've had it on the car) lol.

I'm tuning next week :)

OP
OP
Deighvid

Deighvid

First Name
Deighvid
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Supra Premium
Sold to @hafu