GLOC rear pads and oem brake wear sensor

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
So I installed the GLOC rear pads and now the oem Supra wear sensor won’t fit into the metal part on the pad because it is too thick. Has anyone else experienced this or is it a manufacturing defect and how did you go about solving the “brake” warning. Other then cutting the sensor wires and splicing them together.
Sponsored

Dan 2.0

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 2.0 (Sold); Awaiting 3.0 Allocation
Called G-LOC and they said their rear track pads are not designed to be used with the sensor since track temps can cause it to melt. They suggested tying it somewhere to secure it out of the way. I'm assuming that means a brake wear light will stay on in the gauge cluster, too.

Jakester

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra
Hmmm...mine got tied off cause they didn't fit with my BBK kit but I haven't had a light come on whatsoever..I will ask the mechanic what he did in specific to avoid the sensor light from coming on.

OP
OP
Cptnslo

Cptnslo

First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 MKV 3.0 Supra
Called G-LOC and they said their rear track pads are not designed to be used with the sensor since track temps can cause it to melt. They suggested tying it somewhere to secure it out of the way. I'm assuming that means a brake wear light will stay on in the gauge cluster, too.
I didn’t even buy the track pads and when I was emailing them they wanted me to return the pads. However I’ve had the brake light cleared and it hasn’t come back. As long as you have a functioning wear sensor plugged in even if it’s tied off i would imagine that the brake light should stay off since the sensor never gets “worn down” to need to trigger the light
Sponsored