Help.... "Unable to save" displays to pre-sets

Okkie

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Mk5
Don't burn me too hard. I've searched and unable to find a thread addressing the issue. I'm trying to create shortcuts to preferred settings, like tire pressure, HP and torque, etc and after holding 3 seconds, it says "unable to save"... What am I doing wrong?
Sponsored

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Donā€™t ā€œgo intoā€ what you want to save. The moment you would press the knob to select something is when you would save it. If that makes any sense. Thereā€™s a thread on this somewhere.

OP
OP

Okkie

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Mk5
Donā€™t ā€œgo intoā€ what you want to save. The moment you would press the knob to select something is when you would save it. If that makes any sense. Thereā€™s a thread on this somewhere.
Are you saying to stop at the previous screen/selection and "save" from there?

adrian56k

First Name
adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 2.0
I can't remember what the specific area is called at the moment, but do you mean having the sport display such as hp and torque preset to show on the infotainment screen with the click of a button like the 1, 2, 3, etc.?

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Are you saying to stop at the previous screen/selection and "save" from there?
Yes. If you try to save and canā€™t just hit the back button once and thatā€™s where you save from.

OP
OP

Okkie

First Name
Cliff
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Mk5
I'll give it a try... thank you guys!!!

Awales74

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra, Mazda 6
This is definitely an f with it and find out type feature. Not everything works exactly the same way. For example, mapping start/stop navigation to the same button is still a mystery to me. Like I'm pretty sure the head unit just "knows" what I meant to do when I mapped it.