Brennan_turbo2j

First Name
Brennan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
98 supra
98 GTE VVTI STOCK

Hey guys, hoping I am not asking something that has been covered 100 times over.
recently had cam seals, valve cover gaskets, front main, crank pully, timing belt and serp. belt replaced due to a failed cam seal - figured I may replace the lot while I was already in there.
after the work was performed, the tech as they do took it out for a drive to ensure everything was in check - it was.
I also took the vehicle out on two separate occasions and it was driving great.

I was doing a pull from 2nd to 3rd when I heard a large bang, followed by the vehicle losing power and the engine shutting off.
Luckily I was in coasting distance of the shop and was able to get it back in.

I work at a Toyota dealership so the service work was performed in-house and by a very knowledgeable tech of ours and upon inspection of the service work previously performed it was determined it was not the cause of the issue. (timing was in check/belt didn't skip a tooth, etc.)
it looks like we are receiving an initial signal to the coil pack but not receiving spark so we are able to get it running but only on 4 cylinders.

Is this a potential Igniter issue?

Any help on where to begin looking would be greatly appreciated..
Short of pulling wiring diagrams and schematics, is there somewhere I should be looking first on the car or a previous thread on t his forum that comes to mind?

Thanks in advance,

Brennan
Sponsored