Inland Empire Supra negotiation

retr0styl3z

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Nitro yellow Supra 3.0, Acura RSX
I would like to be in a Supra soon and have gone to a few dealerships and called around many more but am having a hard time negotiating.
Everyone I have talked to so far has acknowledged pricing below MSRP/incentives. Any suggestions of dealerships or salespersons to give a try.
As i have seen here on the forums I'd like to get one around 48-51k plus taxes/fees.
I am looking for a 3.0 Premium and flexible on color

Thanks for your feedback or Suggestions
Sponsored

Xxyion

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Refraction Blue, 05' S2000
You wont find a brand new 2021 for under 50k. 51k is more doable if you can manage to squeeze invoice out of them but thats going to be hard. One of the biggest pieces of advice i can give is try and buy from your biggest Toyota dealer. Make sure they are one of the highest in units moved for the area.

The reason is because they only care about moving units, and dont need to make the money on things like markup. If they make 1-2k on a sale, its good enough for them. You can negotiate heavily with those dealerships, however the downside is because they move units so fast, if they already have someone coming in to look at the same car you want but is willing to pay 53k compared to you're 51k, you wont have a chance.

The other suggestion is to look for a low volume seller, someone out in the boonies away from rich folk. Look for ones where they have units sitting on the lot for more than a month. Those dealerships sometimes are willing to get rid of slow moving inventory in favor of another Camry or Corolla because those sell easier. If a unit is sitting too long, sometimes they are willing to cut a deal just to get it off the lot.

eyeye96

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 GR Supra
I got a 2020 in October for 46k without taxes. I purchased it from New Jersey where there was a 4500$ cash rebate and a huge dealer discount after that. CA dealerships are just a rip off. Even with enclosed trailer shipping I got a better deal.

It was a lot of work as I had a friend go inspect the car and then arranging for transport and following up with the truck guy and all that. But considering the amount of money I saved, I would definitely recommend this option. You can text me if you have any other questions regarding my process.

Also when I was looking for Supras, I found a 2021 supra for 51-52k in Maryland. Not sure if it's still there. Probably not. But I thought at that time it was a very good deal as there was no rebate back then.
Sponsored