Is the Tomei Single Exit louder than the AWE Touring? Both with Stock DPs

FromSTIto2023Supra

First Name
Warren
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 3.0 Premium Supra
Looking at both exhausts but it is hard making a decision with YouTube videos...

When I got the AWE Touring for my STI in person it was PERFECT sounding but, with YouTube videos I was iffy about it because of how low it sounded.

Thoughts on Tomei vs AWE touring?
Sponsored

Hien

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium (Nocturnal, Automatic)
Looking at both exhausts but it is hard making a decision with YouTube videos...

When I got the AWE Touring for my STI in person it was PERFECT sounding but, with YouTube videos I was iffy about it because of how low it sounded.

Thoughts on Tomei vs AWE touring?
im looking at SPR-1 Single exit exhaust vs. AWE as well......such a hard choice with watered down youtube sound reviews

gixxersixxerman

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra
I haveā€¦ had.. (getting a SP1R exhaust to replace it) the AWE touring with resonator. To me itā€™s the best sounding exhaust out there, and based on sound the one I recommend the most. My fit and finish was great and zero, none, notta compliant with it. i run catless and itā€™s not annoying, I donā€™t really wish for a valve though on long trips I wouldnā€™t mind it being silent like some active exhausts are, but no drone and itā€™s lovely when I get on it. I find myself just next to walls holding that gear a little longer to hear that beautiful sound.

Im only switching out for 2 reasons, first and foremost the look of the SP1R exhaust, I just think it will complete the look of my car, and second albeit really minor reason, so I donā€™t have to cut the strakes off my Seibon rear valance. Yes I know I have to cut it, but the carbon exhaust bumper shield can cover that, the strakes have to almost be cut completely off and I like them.

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
I haveā€¦ had.. (getting a SP1R exhaust to replace it) the AWE touring with resonator. To me itā€™s the best sounding exhaust out there, and based on sound the one I recommend the most. My fit and finish was great and zero, none, notta compliant with it. i run catless and itā€™s not annoying, I donā€™t really wish for a valve though on long trips I wouldnā€™t mind it being silent like some active exhausts are, but no drone and itā€™s lovely when I get on it. I find myself just next to walls holding that gear a little longer to hear that beautiful sound.

Im only switching out for 2 reasons, first and foremost the look of the SP1R exhaust, I just think it will complete the look of my car, and second albeit really minor reason, so I donā€™t have to cut the strakes off my Seibon rear valance. Yes I know I have to cut it, but the carbon exhaust bumper shield can cover that, the strakes have to almost be cut completely off and I like them.
My thoughts exactly. AWE touring resonated seems perfect from a sound perspective but i didnā€™t like how the mufflers hung so low under the car. SP1-R looks incredible, and will go very well with a carbon rear diffuser. Is the valance youā€™re getting different than a difffuser? Iā€™m not familiar with the strakes and having to cut those out of the way

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
im looking at SPR-1 Single exit exhaust vs. AWE as well......such a hard choice with watered down youtube sound reviews
Yup! I appreciate all the YouTube uploads and attempts to show us what it sounds like but all exhausts sound the same online šŸ˜‚

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
AWE touring resonated with a catless downpipe sounds perfect I love it. Exactly how it was described in the previous comment, zero drone, and it is very loud catless. The tomei will drone like crazy even with stock DP. Sounds rlly cool and is definitely louder but the tone of the sound is dramatically different. Itā€™s basically just a single straight pipe same for the SP1-R but at least SPR-1 is better quality than tomei if thatā€™s what you rlly want. IMO any single exit exhaust is just a raspy ricer fart cannonā€¦ some ppl want that though to each is own

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
AWE touring resonated with a catless downpipe sounds perfect I love it. Exactly how it was described in the previous comment, zero drone, and it is very loud catless. The tomei will drone like crazy even with stock DP. Sounds rlly cool and is definitely louder but the tone of the sound is dramatically different. Itā€™s basically just a single straight pipe same for the SP1-R but at least SPR-1 is better quality than tomei if thatā€™s what you rlly want. IMO any single exit exhaust is just a raspy ricer fart cannonā€¦ some ppl want that though to each is own
The mkiv supras run the big single exit cannonsā€¦are they ricer?

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Yeah thatā€™s the literal ricer stereotypeā€¦
Hahaha. I always thought the difference between non-ricers and ricers was the car being modded. Exhausts and wings are ricer on a civic but not Supras

Supraboi7

First Name
Johnny Boi
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra

Avarela99

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
22 Supra 3.0
Hahaha. I always thought the difference between non-ricers and ricers was the car being modded. Exhausts and wings are ricer on a civic but not Supras
I think the 5in AWE tips on my car are ricer again i think most modified Japanese cars are ricers

kaj

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
Does anyone make an exhaust with reasonably sized tips? I feel like every single exhaust I look at has these ginormous 5-in exhaust tips which looks ridiculous. I'm driving a car, not playing need for speed. There is no need for them to be more than three or four inches.
I guess I could always just buy a canister and fab up my own. I was just hoping I could find something done already.
Sponsored