JBL sound system tm distortion

xhotdogman

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Mk 5
I have a 2021 Mk5 with the JBL sound system It was really underwhelmed with the poor quality sound and recessive distortion and results coming from the rear. I worked out it the bad lbass was causing the rear trunk floor panel to jump and vibrate. By removing it, it completely stopped that horrible distortion under high bass and volume. I have also installed the Bav Sound speaker upgrade kit (excluding subs). Though pricy it now sounds excellent. To get round the boot floor lid vibrating I have put extra sticky Velcro right round the edges which holds it firmly. The result is excellent. Don't bother upgrading the subs. They are really good enough standard. I've slight criticism off the Bav sound package is the centre dash mid range speaker screws don't like up that well. You can get it to fit with two of the three screws holding it in ... Which is enough anyway. Just read expecting at 1000 USD it would have lined up perfectly. Nick
Sponsored

SupraYYJ

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota GR Supra 3.0
I have a 2021 Mk5 with the JBL sound system It was really underwhelmed with the poor quality sound and recessive distortion and results coming from the rear. I worked out it the bad lbass was causing the rear trunk floor panel to jump and vibrate. By removing it, it completely stopped that horrible distortion under high bass and volume. I have also installed the Bav Sound speaker upgrade kit (excluding subs). Though pricy it now sounds excellent. To get round the boot floor lid vibrating I have put extra sticky Velcro right round the edges which holds it firmly. The result is excellent. Don't bother upgrading the subs. They are really good enough standard. I've slight criticism off the Bav sound package is the centre dash mid range speaker screws don't like up that well. You can get it to fit with two of the three screws holding it in ... Which is enough anyway. Just read expecting at 1000 USD it would have lined up perfectly. Nick
Hey, xhotdogman, thanks for sharing.

Just FYI, it's 2023, and paragraphs are now super popular. Maybe it's a Zoomer thing?? HTH.

Last edited:

B54

First Name
Bas
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra Jarama Racetrack Edition
I have a 2021 Mk5 with the JBL sound system It was really underwhelmed with the poor quality sound and recessive distortion and results coming from the rear. I worked out it the bad lbass was causing the rear trunk floor panel to jump and vibrate...
See the, now wellknown and loved, write up from @tadda to improve the subs without much extra spending: https://www.supramkv.com/threads/how-to-improve-oe-sub-bass-quality-and-eliminate-vibrations.5092/
Sponsored