Kooks Exhaust - Looking for Sound Bites

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 Premium
Anyone have experience with the Kooks exhaust? They have great videos, but none of them really show off their exhaust, only pieces of it. Anyone have their SS catback or an axleback?
Sponsored

OP
OP
JoshuaQ

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
It's annoying because they have great videos, but none of them show off just their exhaust (catback or axleback) and I can't seem to find anything else online for them...

Maybe I will just be the guinea pig if I can't find anyone. All I have heard is they make good stuff, but that was from some muscle car forum.

So I am debating if I just get one of their exhausts. If no one can chime in, I may, and if I do I will post sound clips and a quick review.

Last edited:

Raidernation

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Tungsten Silver 3.0 Premium Supra
I was hoping someone would post the sound clips for the exhaust only. Keeping my fingers crossed you get one these and post the sound clips.

OP
OP
JoshuaQ

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I was hoping someone would post the sound clips for the exhaust only. Keeping my fingers crossed you get one these and post the sound clips.
F it. I just bought it, so I will let you know how it goes once I get it, install it and test it out for a couple weeks.

I will probably try their catted DP too. Sounds interesting if all the stuff they were talking about it, is true.

Raidernation

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
F it. I just bought it, so I will let you know how it goes once I get it, install it and test it out for a couple weeks.

I will probably try their catted DP too. Sounds interesting if all the stuff they were talking about it, is true.
canā€™t wait for your review. Iā€™ll put my exhaust purchase on hold. Iā€™m debating between this one and the afe.

OP
OP
JoshuaQ

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
canā€™t wait for your review. Iā€™ll put my exhaust purchase on hold. Iā€™m debating between this one and the afe.
Shipped today, so give me a couple weeks. I want to run it for a minute to see if the exhaust tone changes from breaking in, then I'll let ya know. Actually, Im sure I can post some sound clips after install too, but don't want to talk about drone or the like until it's had a minute to break in. Bump this in a week or two if I don't update ya.

OP
OP
JoshuaQ

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Arrives 6/17

I did find this crappy video: - not much, but it says it's the catback. I will likely be getting a DP once I play with the exhaust for a few weeks, so it will get louder.

OP
OP
JoshuaQ

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
The Kooks exhaust gets here tomorrow (Technically today). I may install it same day, if not, this weekend for sure. Ill try to upload vids asap

OP
OP
JoshuaQ

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Just a heads up, FedEx pulled a UPS and let me down. Kinda pissed me off a little cause they sorta ruined my weekend.

It went from the east coast to California in 3 days, but it's now been in California for 3-4 days. Not sure how they can drive it across country in three days then manage to take 4+ days in California. I don't understand their routes, but I feel like it was bring your kid to work day and they let that kid pick the routes.

So now idk when I'll get it or when I can post clips, but will do as soon as I can.

Raidernation

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Its all good bro. I will be patiently waiting for your clips. Don't worry you will get the package. Logistics is way messed up now and will be for a long time. I had a USPS package stuck in a Wisconsin hub that didn't move for 3 months.

Reactions: zrk

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
There's a few members in the Facebook group that have the full kooks system. Sounded pretty good! Did mention fitment issues, which I love my active autowerke exhaust, but a lot of fitment issues.

OP
OP
JoshuaQ

JoshuaQ

First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I got the exhaust 6/22. I got it installed, but there were 3 missing clamps. I had to break off the welded clamp from the stock exhaust, and I've contacted Kooks about the missing clamps.
Not sure about fitment until I get all the clamps on. I got a sound clip of it, but I doubt it's accurate with missing claps (Exhaust leaks probably). So far it's a pretty deep tone. I like it.

I'll get some placeholders for the clips today, and get some sound clips for you once they are installed and holding the exhaust secure.

Also, when I moved the car the wife was saying how she can hear the exhaust in the house now, so that's a plus. It's not too loud and not too quiet.

More to come...

Raidernation

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Nice - looking forward to your final review and sound clips.