Looking for a good deal on Supra

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
This is a quote from my local dealer. They called me a few weeks ago stating $49K, presumably not including the $799 dealer fee.

779A77AB-D30B-4CCB-80C0-E3F405AC528B.jpeg

This was initiated from the buying service my credit union uses so the dealer knows they likely arenā€™t getting any revenue associated with financing. Also, they knew I didnā€™t finance the first one (this car is replacing my lemon).

Iā€™m holding out until after COVID. The Toyota website says there are 82 Supras in my area so thatā€™s a lot of cars to sell.

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
I think we all intuitively know this, but the info here outlines what we should expect.

Dannyvandelft

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ordered A91 edition Supra
This is a quote from my local dealer. They called me a few weeks ago stating $49K, presumably not including the $799 dealer fee.

779A77AB-D30B-4CCB-80C0-E3F405AC528B.jpeg

This was initiated from the buying service my credit union uses so the dealer knows they likely arenā€™t getting any revenue associated with financing. Also, they knew I didnā€™t finance the first one (this car is replacing my lemon).

Iā€™m holding out until after COVID. The Toyota website says there are 82 Supras in my area so thatā€™s a lot of cars to sell.

Tell them to shove that dealer fee right up their ass.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2017 Civic Type R, 2020 GR Supra
Couldnā€™t wait any longer, picked up a new white 2020 for $55500 CDN plus Tax (including all fee). I still have my deposit for 2021, but couldnā€™t pass up this deal. Itā€™s almost $12k off msrp. $55500 CDN is roughly equal to $39k USD.

apparently Toyota have some hidden cash buyer discount going on in Canada on top of the regular 2000 they are doing. The dealer mentioned that they did not lose or earn any money in this deal. They just want to get rid of it.

Mountain_Bound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16' Wrangler Rubicon, 13' 4Runner Trail, 13' R56S
Couldnā€™t wait any longer, picked up a new white 2020 for $55500 CDN plus Tax (including all fee). I still have my deposit for 2021, but couldnā€™t pass up this deal. Itā€™s almost $12k off msrp. $55500 CDN is roughly equal to $39k USD.

apparently Toyota have some hidden cash buyer discount going on in Canada on top of the regular 2000 they are doing. The dealer mentioned that they did not lose or earn any money in this deal. They just want to get rid of it.
Incredible. If we can start getting them around $40k usd that will be hard to pass up.

Mountain_Bound

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
16' Wrangler Rubicon, 13' 4Runner Trail, 13' R56S

Incredible. If we can start getting them around $40k usd that will be hard to pass up.
Another thing that came to mind. Does CAD convert to USD msrp prices? I watch the youtube car reviewers, The Straight Pipes and they are based in Canada. I noticed that sometimes when they do the conversion it's a few grand lower than our msrp here in the states. I was wondering if something like this may be the case.

jtsang25

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2009 BMW 135i, 2020 Toyota GR Supra
Another thing that came to mind. Does CAD convert to USD msrp prices? I watch the youtube car reviewers, The Straight Pipes and they are based in Canada. I noticed that sometimes when they do the conversion it's a few grand lower than our msrp here in the states. I was wondering if something like this may be the case.
When I bought my car at Canadian MSRP. It was lower than US msrp.

Edit: it was about 53k USD on release day for a fully loaded with the red seats tax in.

Last edited:

legacy_etu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
20 Supra, 16 Wrangler UNLTD

Wow, congratulations. Nice garage too assuming you kept the type R.

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Thatā€™s better than wife lawyer prices. LOL

Would love to think we could get under 40 in the US...

Jā€™s Mk5

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Phantom Premium
I paid 55 for my phantom matte w driver assistā€”-got 7500 for a BMW trade and paid the rest in cashā€”-I think I got a fair dealā€”I only wanted the matte finish and there were only 2 in the whole state.

Supra60

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota Prius Prime, Toyota Rav4
Too bad itā€™s not on the A90. Lol

215B8A73-60B3-4C44-AB0F-B1D4090478E9.png
Yet!! I still believe Toyota will start putting incentives on these cars to move them. Maybe in June. There is a whole lot of people that are unsure of the economy, jobs etc. Got to make it really attractive to get someone to spend 50k on a car they don't really need.

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Yet!! I still believe Toyota will start putting incentives on these cars to move them. Maybe in June. There is a whole lot of people that are unsure of the economy, jobs etc. Got to make it really attractive to get someone to spend 50k on a car they don't really need.
If your worried about jobs and money. I seriously doubt you would be in a market for a weekend sports car like a Supra. Thatā€™s just me.. I know I wouldnā€™t be... A Supra isnā€™t a RAV4 or Sienna van. Keep in mind, these are their top sellers with 0% financing...
Sponsored