Sponsored

Jackyl tm

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A91 Edition, C230, Mazda Protege
When I first got my car, I didn't know if I was going to get it tuned or leave it stock. But later on, there came a lot of the reasons as to why and how I ended up with MHD and Fabian. One of the main reasons I decided to buy my Supra was because I fell in love with the platform the more videos I watched on Youtube. The main channels I watched were Babayaga's and Thic Whips. Thic Whips Supra was built from the ground up by CES Motorsport and he would give them shout outs in every one of his videos. He's also friends with John, the owner of CES, outside of the shop and business side of things.

John, from day one of purchasing his Supra, decided to start working with Fabian@Pureboost, using MHD, to help develop the OTS maps as well as custom tuning so that they could better develop the MHD tuning platform for the A90. I followed their progress for a long time and I saw all the improvements they were making and the numbers the car was laying down on the dyno, as well as the numbers it was running at the track. I paid close attention to how reliable the cars were and then I started doing research into Pureboost and found out that they had a great reputation with MHD tuning. I later decided it was time to bite the bullet and get the car tuned.

Getting the car tuned was the issue though, my ECU was luckily able to be tuned, but it was locked so I would need to find someone who could offer an unlock service. Luckily for me, I live in Georgia, which was only 5 hours away from CES Motorsport, who just so happened to offer unlock services as well as kept stock on downpipes they would sell and offered tuning on all the major platforms for the A90. This made going to CES a no brainer for me.

While I was at the shop getting the ECU unlocked and a catless downpipe installed, I talked to John about his A90. His car had just ran a 10.4 on MHD before blowing his factory axles. This was on stock turbo, E40, and meth. At the time, these were incredible numbers for MHD and stock turbo. MHD was also considerably cheaper to get into than Ecutek, and I was only ever going to choose between MHD or Ecutek.

TLDR: Youtube made the decision easy. Watched a lot of Thicwhips videos. He always promoted CES Motorsport and it was close enough to make driving there easy. CES Motorsports car was tuned on MHD and was running very very decent 1/4 passes for the time the Supra was out. The cost of entry to MHD was about half the cost of Ecutek. CES swore by Fabian and MHD so that's where I went.
Exactly why I chose mhd. I'm going to talk to ces when the money is right about going down there. They're about 9-10 hours from where I am located. The fact they pretty much developed the mhd ots maps for the Supra is why I feel good going with ots for now.

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
Thanks! Now with this said. What is the wiring needed to make this MHD and REFLEX plug n play?
They don't have a specific complete plug and play kit for MHD but the regular reflex with its wiring kit will work just fine. I have them in stock if interested.

Jesse DaBears

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Tungsten Supra 3.0 Premium
Saying the car is blind to port injection so it wouldn't work and is a ticking time bomb is kind of fear mongering and not really accurate at all. Plenty of platforms have used port or additional injectors without CAN integration for decades.

It is better with CAN integration but absolutely can work without it.

I have tuned many systems over the years that do not have direct ECU integration and you can make them work pretty solid. You use other inputs from the ECU to the injector system and tune accordingly.

However, If I had an option to have CAN integration or not, I would pick CAN integration any day.
I know. I dont get why this community thinks ecutek is a must have and canbus integration or its not worth it lol. Even the supra platforms just a year and a half ago where using AICs without racerom.

Now im not saying ecutek and racerom isnt better it is BUT, like you mentioned plenty of platfroms are still using AICs and boost controllers and there's nothing wrong with it.

OP
OP

tanabersx

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 Supra, RAM Rebel 2021, 2018 BMW X5 e-Drive
Has someone use the visconti reflex kit and harness without Ecutek?
Sponsored