Need help figuring out what I'm not understanding here...

Supra Jr.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra
So I just got in the new copy cat $700 exhaust from extreme online that copies the awe touring and my question is this, it doesn't use the stock valve any longer so I ordered the simulator to just plug in which isn't here yet and not going to be here for my appointment this Saturday to install the new exhaust. Now Zander on YouTube who has it said he just took the whole valve assembly and tucked in under his bumper and it is fine BUT that I should still get the simulator. Now my confusion is this, even with the simulator that you plug into the old valve that STILL needs to be tucked up somewhere, why the hell do you need it, if you still have to have this whole valve assembly tied up dangling like shit under your car??? Isn't there a better way to get rid of the whole thing without a code??? What am I missing?? And should I cancel my install appointment and just wait for the simulator or do it later??
Sponsored

OP
OP

Supra Jr.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra
Tuck it away and pull out the fuse that controls it, no CEL.
Heard people say about pulling the fuse that they still got a cel from no fuse?? Where is the fuse box on this car anyway, and what fuse is it??

mr_sparkle6666

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 3.0 Premium
Everything I read says pulling the fuse does not cause a CEL. I pulled mine Monday and my CEL has not come on

the fuse is in the rear fuse box (right side of the trunk). It is number 203, a 7.5amp fuse

OP
OP

Supra Jr.

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 supra
Everything I read says pulling the fuse does not cause a CEL. I pulled mine Monday and my CEL has not come on

the fuse is in the rear fuse box (right side of the trunk). It is number 203, a 7.5amp fuse
Thank you guy's very much, I will give this a try!!

cinosa

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'22 Nitro Yellow Supra 3.0 Premium
I've had the fuse for my exhaust valve pulled for months now, no issue.

SupraBH

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2022 Toyota Supra 3.0 Premium, 2023 Mazda 3 Sedan
OP - what did you end up doing? I ordered the same exhaust and it gets delivered tomorrow, but was also not sure if I need the simulator or not
Sponsored