Noob tire tread question

Hien

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 Supra 3.0 Premium (Nocturnal, Automatic)
Hi guys, I have no idea about a lot of things with cars yet. So one of these things is my tire tread. Can someone let me know where my tread is currently at by looking at it? I don't have the thing to measure it yet!

The car is at 9000 miles and I daily it. Moderate to hard driving at times. Should I replace the 2 rear? Front looks fine.
20230504_194138.jpg
20230504_194131.jpg

20230504_194026.jpg
Sponsored

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Use a penny until you get a depth gauge. If you can see all of Lincolnā€™s head you need new tires.

J29DB03

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Agree with @cbring, not needed but at least start searching. Maybe not a bad idea to even order with how long some have waited for certain tires.

OP
OP
Hien

Hien

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Agree with @cbring, not needed but at least start searching. Maybe not a bad idea to even order with how long some have waited for certain tires.
I'm going on a 9 hr road trip to NJ in the morning, will probably be good idea to order, and swap when I get back...

Discount Tire

Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Car(s)
All Things Toyota
As mentioned, it's time to start looking into new rubber.

You can also gauge the tread depth by referencing the tireā€™s wear indicator bars. Most tires are built wear indicators moulded into the tread grooves, as seen in the image below.

These bars are raised to 2/32nds of an inch. If your tread depth is level with the tireā€™s wear indicator, your tires are completely worn out.

EDUtread-depth_wear_indicators.jpg

OP
OP
Hien

Hien

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
As mentioned, it's time to start looking into new rubber.

You can also gauge the tread depth by referencing the tireā€™s wear indicator bars. Most tires are built wear indicators moulded into the tread grooves, as seen in the image below.

These bars are raised to 2/32nds of an inch. If your tread depth is level with the tireā€™s wear indicator, your tires are completely worn out.

EDUtread-depth_wear_indicators.jpg
Oh the irony, I've already added a pair of rear tires to the Supra on your website haha

Discount Tire

Threads
Reaction score
Website
discountti.re
Car(s)
All Things Toyota
Oh the irony, I've already added a pair of rear tires to the Supra on your website haha
Thank you for giving us a look!

I would be happy to assist you with your order if you have questions. Sending a DM your way.
Sponsored

Last edited: