NV Specialties Carbon Radiator Cover

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Hey guys, do any of you run this or any of the similar ones from other brands? I am interested in it but kind of wonder if the carbon will cause any issues for the radiator? Could it prevent the radiator from cooling properly like the OEM metal one? Let me know what you think. Thanks!

https://nvspecialties.com/products/nv-spec-mkv-carbon-radiator-cover
Sponsored

W4STOY

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I installed this last spring. It looks awesome and is an exact fit to the OEM. I have had no problems with cooling and put about 2500 miles on it. Installation is a little tedious due to the accessibility of two of the bumper fasteners. Nothing small open end wrenches couldn't solve. Overall not a bad do it yourself.

Attachments

OP
OP
JRedMKV

JRedMKV

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra 3.0 Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I installed this last spring. It looks awesome and is an exact fit to the OEM. I have had no problems with cooling and put about 2500 miles on it. Installation is a little tedious due to the accessibility of two of the bumper fasteners. Nothing small open end wrenches couldn't solve. Overall not a bad do it yourself.
Thatā€™s good to know! Yeah that looks great and we have the same color car too so I know it will look awesome! Thanks for the heads up on the installation. I asked NV Specialties about that and they recommended crows foot wrenches so Iā€™ll pick up some of those.

W4STOY

First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Crows feet would work best. Thats good they recommended that. I was able to get an offset open end on them but crows feet would have been best. Have fun!

Axix23

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NA
Yeah, even with the crow wrenches itā€™s a pain. Since you have to loosen it from an angle facing upwards and and praying you donā€™t strip it off. Took a while.. Pulling the plastic rivet clips was the biggest pain in the ass for me.
Sponsored