Parking / Cross Traffic Alerts Not Working after Coding

RomeJones

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91
Hi everyone - I used bimmercode to disable the auto stop / start function on my 2021 A91. After the ECU rebooted I got an error saying the cross traffic alert was not working and to contact my dealer.

I coded my backup but that didn’t fix the issue. Anybody have any ideas how I can fix it without begging the dealer for help?
Sponsored

H2O_Doc

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
M240i, Wrangler, MB GLA 250
Hi everyone - I used bimmercode to disable the auto stop / start function on my 2021 A91. After the ECU rebooted I got an error saying the cross traffic alert was not working and to contact my dealer.

I coded my backup but that didn’t fix the issue. Anybody have any ideas how I can fix it without begging the dealer for help?
Sometimes you get warnings after BimmerCode that aren’t real problems. These warnings will go away after you restart the car. You might try again and code the function, then see if the warning persists after starting.

OP
OP

RomeJones

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91
Thank you for your replyH2O_Doc. In my case I can confirm I am no longer getting sound alerts when cross traffic happens so I do think the error is legit.

Though the error is no where to be found in the notifications and only shows up after the ECU reboots.

OP
OP

RomeJones

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Toyota Supra A91
I went to the dealer and they couldn’t find any issue. They tested the cross traffic alert and it appears to be working properly. I guess I didn’t understand when it should trigger and didn’t test it effectively myself.

bigcat

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0 Premium
It happened to mine in my memory, and the error would be gone after next engine start.
Sponsored