Presenting the AWE Foiler™ Wind Diffuser for the GR Supra

Josh/AWE

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR
22722.png

From the pioneers and creators of the Foiler™ Wind Diffuser comes the newest iteration for the GR Supra, available now:
  • Proven to kill the dreaded Supra “wind whistle” at speeds up to 130mph with windows up or down
  • Elegant design prevents head-imploding wind buffeting
  • Allows you to drive with your windows down on the street and the track
  • Features a recessed base to accommodate adhesive material thickness
  • From the pioneers and creators of the original Foiler™ Wind Diffuser
  • UV-stabilized injection-molded design for the perfect OE-style look
  • Combats buffeting, both on the street and on the track
  • Simple, quick installation
  • Perfect OE-like aesthetic and fitment
  • Comes as a set of two, driver and passenger-side, complete with die-cut adhesive
What’s wind buffeting?

Do you know that sound that makes it feel like your head is going to implode when driving your Supra at speed with one window down? That’s called wind buffeting. It happens when you’re moving fast, and can really ruin the overall experience that is the GR Supra. Instead of letting drivers be subject to this painful byproduct of fulfilling their need for speed, we fixed it.

The Foiler™ for the GR Supra

AWE’s Foiler™ Wind Diffuser, once again, sets the standard for defeating wind buffeting. Originating on Porsche 991 models, each Foiler™ is designed specifically for the platform they’re going on (instead of using previous designs and applying it to a new model).
  • If we’ve done this before, why didn’t we use the same designs that work for Porsches? Well, it’s simple. We observed reports of drivers experiencing “wind whistle” when their windows were up after equipping designs that followed suit of our previous iterations, as well as proving these observations to be true after rigorous in-house testing. Alas, we decided to create a bespoke design for the GR Supra that not only defeats buffeting with the windows down, but also doesn't introduce another issue -- wind whistle -- with the windows up.
The AWE Foiler™ Wind Diffuser boasts an unobtrusive yet elegant design, sharing an aesthetic with the existing mirror trim that allows it to look as if it came on the Supra from the factory.

Easily installed via the included die-cut adhesive, the Foiler™ doesn’t draw unnecessary attention with carbon weave or enlarged wings, nor does it share the same cost as other designs on the market.

Simply stick on, roll the windows down, and let ‘er rip (safely).

1110-11012-1_2.jpg
1110-11012-3_2.jpg
1110-11012-6_2.jpg
1110-11012-7_2.jpg

1110-11012-8_1_1.jpg

1110-11012-10_1_1.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0L Premium, buncha Miatas, others....
What is the cost?

I am just amazed none of the engineers at Toyota or BMW caught this during development. Major fail but an easy fix.

digicidal

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra, 2020 RX350, 2007 4Runner
1632877707663.png

EDIT: OK done... I'll throw some impressions on here once it arrives and goes on. :thumbsup: I prefer the simple aesthetic, but found the other (cheaper) fixes to be inadequate. Hopefully this will be the best of both worlds.

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR
1632877707663.png

EDIT: OK done... I'll throw some impressions on here once it arrives and goes on. :thumbsup: I prefer the simple aesthetic, but found the other (cheaper) fixes to be inadequate. Hopefully this will be the best of both worlds.
I'm confident you will be pleased!

OP
OP
Josh/AWE

Josh/AWE

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
GR
Fitment looks very poor
A67EA453-5D1B-4842-862C-ED96EBE43E5D.jpeg
As you can see in this image, we are one of few (if at all) brands that integrated a recess for the adhesive material to live.

1110-11012-3_2.jpg

With that said, material still resides between the surfaces (because without it they would fly off, obviously). We noticed other designs did not incorporate a recess AT ALL, thus allowing their units to stick up off of the surface depending on how thick their adhesive is.

While this angle was used to show the Foiler as it's easy to get "lost" given its finish, there is no "poor fitment," the miniscule gap at the corners is likely being overexaggerated from the angle.

Further- the adhesive in the kit is form shaped to match the recess.

Last edited:

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
My microfiber towel is going to love getting pinched in that gap like a weggie..

Sara/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Car(s)
A90
Nice install and review of the Foiler™ Wind Diffuser by @Kings Must Rise on YouTube

Install starts at 5:50 and review at 7:00 if you would like to get right into it

To grab a set for your Supra head to AWEsupra.com

Sara/AWE

Gold Sponsor
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.awe-tuning.com
Car(s)
A90
Fitment Confirmed for 2022 Models!

Hey everyone, we've recently updated the fitments on our site to include 2022 model years.

Check them out right this way and feel free to DM me with any questions!
Sponsored