Radar issue -- go to different dealer or GM?

SpeedRacer

First Name
AP
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra
TLDR: When arguing with a dealer on a warranty claim, should you cut bait and go to another dealer or work your way up in the same dealership?

The radar on my Supra has gone out of alignment or has failed so I took it to a local dealer since my car is still under the factory warranty. They claimed it was damaged bc I had a scuff in the PPF on my bumper which they claimed was near the millimeter radar. The SA literally pointed to the front badge and told me that is where the radar sensor is located. I let her know she was wrong and went back & forth for a minute before deciding it wasn't worth my time since she didn't know what she was talking about and the shop was closing.

Has anyone dealt with this or another warranty issue that a dealer wanted to decline? Would it be better to just take it to a different (more knowledgeable dealership) or speak with the first dealership's GM and push on to Toyota Corporate if I'm not satisfied? **I got advice from my cousin who used to be Finance Director at a Toyota dealer and he suggested speaking w/ the GM then Corp rather than going to another dealer.

Note: The SA also claimed they knew when I got the scuff and quoted a speed and time/date...I went back to my calendar and it was months after the scoff happened and coincided with a day/time when I was taking my son to the dentist (nothing happened on the drive).

Note 2: This is the second time the radar has gone out on my car. The first was at 1500 miles.
Sponsored

Supra_UK_

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Ex-Owner '23 GR Supra 6MT
All sounds very weird and confusing, bad vibes.

I'd advise to try another dealer from scratch.