Rexspeed Coolant Cover Issues

Blupra90

First Name
Timmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra A91
Hey everyone! So I do notice that a lot of people don’t mention the issues with newer products and I recently stumbled upon one by Rexspeed that I thought was a great concept, but the execution was more of a stress inducer than an actual joy to install. I’m talking about the Rexspeed Carbon Fiber Coolant Cover.

First off, the fitment is ‘ok’ and if I had to score it right now, I’d give it a 3/5 as the curves are well done but I had issues like having to lift the plastic stock piece (trim near the headlight) up over the carbon fiber, only to scratch the clear coat permanently as the edge rests up against it. Personally I feel this is something that should have been thought of before hand. I actually got over this issue and moved on, but the one that worries me the most is that after a single 20 minute drive, the carbon fiber has already started fading. Now that I think more about its placement, I can only imagine how hot this area gets in a car so this is only inevitable that this would happen. Maybe it’s only Rexspeed, but this product lasted no longer than 30 minutes before beginning to fade and fog over. This is probably the first time I feel like I wasted money on a product which is why I logged on! Im only here because I want to help others as that’s my only intention with this post. Most of my Rexspeed products last quite awhile and still look amazing, but they are all the interior pieces. Sadly, the engine bay pieces are kind of a let down as they don’t hold their look for more than a day. If someone else had a different experience with this piece, please speak up! I’d like to know if it’s just me.

For those of you that are also curious if the Veerus and Blackline caps work on this thing….they kind of do! The bottom cap fix perfectly while the top cap WILL scrape the carbon fiber clear coat just to warn everyone. With the cap on, it looks great! But underneath once the cap is removed, the carbon fiber has been scraped all the way around. I can live with it, but the failing area above the cap is something that makes me not recommend this.

(The close-up photo above the cap shows the damage)

40F7226F-814C-4026-AD83-5FE142EE9123.jpeg

4E9023DF-DB4B-49EA-91B5-EEBEA0A4E26E.jpeg

45939B51-52C1-4712-B4E2-B6EF7D90D033.jpeg

4979B0A6-7700-45BD-BA80-87B9AD5D316A.jpeg

33EEBB9F-749F-4C0B-A510-D248CC32821D.jpeg
Sponsored

Loco38SUP

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra 3.0 (Renaissance Red)
I think you just got a bad cover. Mine still looks pristine after a summer of use.

The fender cover does rest on it and you can see a very faint line because of it. But when installed you would never see it.

The Blackline caps look bigger than the Verus versions. Mine are close but still offer clearance for removal.

The only issue with mine was needing to add extra 3M double sided tape around the cap areas to hold it down.

I would return your cover for a warranty replacement.

-RJM

01025F28-B570-458F-AFB4-BD414E71FB4E.jpeg

OP
OP

Blupra90

First Name
Timmy
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 GR Supra A91
I think you just got a bad cover. Mine still looks pristine after a summer of use.

The fender cover does rest on it and you can see a very faint line because of it. But when installed you would never see it.

The Blackline caps look bigger than the Verus versions. Mine are close but still offer clearance for removal.

The only issue with mine was needing to add extra 3M double sided tape around the cap areas to hold it down.

I would return your cover for a warranty replacement.

-RJM

01025F28-B570-458F-AFB4-BD414E71FB4E.jpeg
Seriously thank you for your response as this clears up a lot. I was fearing this is what happened and yeah I agree in that the Blackline Caps definitely are bigger and those Verus ones are sick by the way!

This helps plan my next step and I can’t thank you enough. I’m actually relieved it’s a faulty cover and not a faulty product. I have new hopes in fixing this issue.

Thanks again RJM, and I know what I’ll be doing this weekend, haha.

Have an awesome weekend! : )
Sponsored