QuickNick

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Toyota Supra
Hey hey,

I just bought what I am told is one of two (max three) MKV Supras in the City of San Antonio. Any other San Antonio Supra owners of any makes or models? Any clubs or meet ups? I had a '87 single turbo about 11 years ago, and I'm so stoked to be back in a Supra but I'm completely unplugged from any local Supra culture!
Sponsored

XPOTTEDPLANTX

First Name
julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Car(s)
2020 supra, 09 sti hatch, 69 nova, 68 camaro
Hopefully I will be part of the club soon too. Trying to get mine out of state since its 4k cheaper than anywhere here
I got mine at universal. Ask for jose otero. Tell him jay sent u. See of he will do regular retail price. The mark up is kinda crazy. But I'm sure it wont hurt to ask. Also, Boerne toyota has them for less than retail online. Not sure if you looked into that?

yfeghhi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV
Vehicle Showcase
I got mine at universal. Ask for jose otero. Tell him jay sent u. See of he will do regular retail price. The mark up is kinda crazy. But I'm sure it wont hurt to ask. Also, Boerne toyota has them for less than retail online. Not sure if you looked into that?
Universal was way over when I tried to talk to someone. I actually just inked a deal at boerne. They matched the 4K off msrp. Coming in from Houston next week sometime

yfeghhi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV
Vehicle Showcase
hell yea congrats!
Thanks! Did you get the Toyota extra care warranty and if you did what did you pay or is there room to bring the price lower? I'm going to get it so I have piece of mind. Also whats your insurance look like per month here and with who? need a little money for mods!

XPOTTEDPLANTX

First Name
julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Car(s)
I got the 5 year 125k warranty just incase. the price is insane but you can negotiate it a bit. insurance through usaa. i pay about 240 a month for my subaru sti and the supra (my inurance went up 50 bucks from the camry.

yfeghhi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV
Vehicle Showcase
I got the 5 year 125k warranty just incase. the price is insane but you can negotiate it a bit. insurance through usaa. i pay about 240 a month for my subaru sti and the supra (my inurance went up 50 bucks from the camry.
Thats not bad. How much was the warranty? I think they are trying to make up from the sale price because they want 5600 for 72mo/75000 miles and wheel/tire.

XPOTTEDPLANTX

First Name
julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Car(s)
Thats not bad. How much was the warranty? I think they are trying to make up from the sale price because they want 5600 for 72mo/75000 miles and wheel/tire.
you could prolly talk them into getting what i got for 4k. i wont say price but its pretty close lol

yfeghhi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV
Vehicle Showcase
you could prolly talk them into getting what i got for 4k. i wont say price but its pretty close lol
I might just cancel it and piss them off when I go back in lol. I can always get it before the original warranty is up from what I read. Plus I will probably go aftermarket eventually on rims and tires. Save more money up front at least. Debating. They also sold me on an extended maintenance plan which I thought was a good deal. 2k for all service in the book up to 85k miles. Id only pay for 90k service and after

XPOTTEDPLANTX

First Name
julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Car(s)
either way just look at it this way. you just paid regular retail for your car. which is on average 10k less then everyone else !!! you can always add extended warranty later. which is probably the better route. and cheaper

yfeghhi

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
2020 Supra MKV
Vehicle Showcase
either way just look at it this way. you just paid regular retail for your car. which is on average 10k less then everyone else !!! you can always add extended warranty later. which is probably the better route. and cheaper
Very true. Have you done any aftermarket stuff to yours yet? I need tint ASAP when I get mine. Was yours factory or where did you get yours done at?

XPOTTEDPLANTX

First Name
julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.twitch.tv
Car(s)
Very true. Have you done any aftermarket stuff to yours yet? I need tint ASAP when I get mine. Was yours factory or where did you get yours done at?
I had tiny done at the dealer. Note that if u tint depending on how dark u go the dash may seem too dim at times because they adjust to cabin light and the sensors are on the ac panel so it can be kinda annoying. it can be fixed with some tuner that's out. But I refuse to buy one because I dont want to do anything yet until its paid for and warranty is u .