Second Post - I recently installed a JB4 and had a quick question about the necessity of the app.

Farad

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium Supra
Hey, like the title says, I installed a JB4 and set my map to 3 which requires just 93+ octane. Feels great, I'm really surprised at the feel of the power boost, I honestly felt like I was probably throwing $500 down the drain but it definitely delivered. Launch control is nearly useless now because the tires just spin.

But.... I installed the APP and set the map to 3 and occasionally the bluetooth connectivity goes out and the app no longer works until I disconnect bluetooth and reconnect, not really feasible while driving, especially because I then have to reconnect the phone to the car to get android auto working again and it's an annoyance, an annoyance that would disappear if I was assured that once I've set the JB4 to map 3 in the app that it continues to run on map 3 or whatever map I've set even if the app is disconnected.

So my question is. Does the JB4 unit continue to run at the previously set MAP even if the app is not loaded on my phone or running or do I always have to have the JB4 app running to get the benefits of the tuning?
Sponsored

zrk

First Name
Zack
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra - Nocturnal Black
You only need the app connected while changing settings or recording logs.

You've also probably placed the Bluetooth module in a sub-par location where something is interfering with it. I've never had an issue with that before.

Also: If you're running anything more than Map 2 on pump gas (no E, no meth, especially 91) make sure you're sending logs to BMS or a tuner. Bad fuel is a recipe for disaster.

Last edited:

puzzled

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 Supra Premium; VA STI; MK7 GOLF-R; etc..
Yeah it's a set it once and forget about it system, which I like. The real time gauges is cool too which I use on occasion.

ikeaboy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra 3.0, 2019 Alfa Romeo Stelvio
Join N54Tech and put this quote on a sticky note on your dashboard: "For proper review and the JB4 to adapt, please do logs in 3rd or 4th gear from 2K rpms to redline at wide open throttle."

OP
OP
Farad

Farad

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 3.0 Premium Supra
Join N54Tech and put this quote on a sticky note on your dashboard: "For proper review and the JB4 to adapt, please do logs in 3rd or 4th gear from 2K rpms to redline at wide open throttle."
How many should I do for logs and how many to adapt and what does adapting do?
Sponsored