Steering Wheel Ebay Option

Felipe_mkv

First Name
Felipe
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 launch edition
Ok, my Alliexpress steering wheel arrived. Quality is perfect. I did the install and had some difficulty. Just thought I will report the issues I found so others can learn and decide which path to to take.

Airbag was a breeze to remove.
I tried a short wrench on the bolt and could not break it loose.
I tried a long wrench on the bolt and could not break it loose.
I tried a 150nM impact drill on the bolt and could not get it loose.
I gave up, reconnected the negative of the battery and drive up the road to mechanic without the airbag attached.
It took a decent impact driver 2 seconds to remove the bolt.

Transferring the old steering parts to the new was a breeze nothing complicated at all.

Fitting the steering wheel back on the spline was hard work it just did not fit nicely or smooth, the OEM steering wheel glided on and off, this worried me a bit.

as reported above. I had to place the steering wheel right on the edge of the spline and use the bolt to force it to go on. Once on pulling on it it doesn't come off again (admittedly I did not pull too hard) so I put some lock tight on the nut and tightened it down to 65nM with my torque wrench.

I only hope that I did not strip the spline but the steering wheel is tight and secure and solid. Hopefully never has to come off again for anything.

Driving the car with the new steering wheel is sensational it feels so much better and looks so much better.

I did not post pictures as its identical to the photos already posted.

So I drove the car with the airbag off to test it.

I then disconnected the battery and fitted the airbag making sure the connectors were secure. The airbag clicked back on solid and easily, so issues.

On starting the car I had a restraint error message that did not clear.

I had to use my OBD connector to clear the error. I now have no errors at all.
What obd did you use? I got the driver restrain notification today after installing my aftermarket wheel. I triple checked all connections and couldnā€™t find anything wrong
Sponsored

Cu lat8r

First Name
Dion
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 supra a91-mt CU later grey, Gc8 and sti
What obd did you use? I got the driver restrain notification today after installing my aftermarket wheel. I triple checked all connections and couldnā€™t find anything wrong
Any luck having same issue