Not open for further replies.

StudioRSR

First Name
StudioRSR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Tungsten Silver Supra
Earlier this year, we found out we were invited and accepted to compete in our First-ever Pikes Peak Hillclimb!! Never in our wildest dreams would we have ever thought we'd be able to participate and compete at Pikes Peak, so we had to take advantage of the opportunity and continue to evolve our 2020 Supra from a streetable time-attack car into a Pikes Peak worthy build.

Even more exciting, we were stoked to be the first MKV Supra to compete at Pikes Peak!

With a packed schedule here at the shop, and months of anticipation and waiting on parts, we had less than 7 days to build & prep our 2020 Toyota Supra from a Street-legal time attack car, into the first MK5 Supra to compete at Pikes Peak International Hillclimb. Unfortunately for us, the class we were in meant that our first few runs ever on the mountain were also going to count as our qualifying runs, but our goal this year was just to cross the line on Race Day! With the Pikes Peak rulebook well-covered, it was a gigantic undertaking to not just get the car to Colorado Springs in time for Tech Inspection, but to run the car for the first time with all of the new parts & upgrades in Colorado with no testing. 0 test for the win! (See required Pikes Peak mods & upgrades list below)

Official PPIHC On-board video

Our VLOG (Prep, Testing, and 1st ever time on Pikes Peak - 1st practice day)

Mods and upgrades for Pikes Peak:
- 14 gallon Radium fuel cell w/triple Walbro surge tank pumps and single lift pump
- StudioRSR custom weld-in cage built to Pikes Peak specifications w/integrated fuel cell protection
- StudioRSR custom hoses and fittings for fuel cell compatibility
- StudioRSR custom Firewall separation
- StudioRSR custom center fuel-filling system using Radium Engineering components
- StudioRSR custom wiring w/fuse panel and switches
- StudioRSR customized chassis-mount front splitter using APR Performance flat carbon sheet + APR splitter rods
- StudioRSR last-minute diffuser and rear bumper-cut
- Sparco FIA certified Seat
- Sparco FIA certified Harnesses
- Sparco R350 steering wheel w/Sparco Quick Release hub
- BattleAero steering control mounts
- JQ Werks Magnetic shift paddles
- Custom Tuning by Zach@counterspacegarage
- Refreshed SPL adjustable suspension arms hardware
- Refreshed fluids
- Refreshed CSG brake pads
- Interior strip-down (panels, sound deadening, and all other non-essentials)

None of this would have been possible without the support and love we received from all of you and from our Friends and Sponsors!
VF-Engineering - CSF Radiators - Titan7 wheels - Radium Engineering
Smokebuddy personal air filters - Ritmo Mundo timepieces - Zach@counterspacegarage
APR Performance - Sparco - SPL Parts - JQ Werks - Motorsport Hardware - CSG spec
R-Compound USA - Chewerks - Drvnmind​
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
StudioRSR

StudioRSR

First Name
StudioRSR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)

Sharocks

First Name
Sha
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
23 A91 MT, 04 M3, 05 M3, 00 M5, 00 Z3M, 04 X5 6MT
Looks awesome and terrifying at the same time.

Jmanlevan

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'23 Supra 3.0 MT, '00 4Runner SR5
Awesome footage! What a time to do the hill climb with the colors in the sky! Car looks wicked too! Congrats on the build, looking forward to watching the progress! I live in Denver, hit me up next time you’re in Colorado! Would love to see it in person!

frankenm

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra A91
Hey buddy my supra was supposed to be the first at pikes peak :mad:.... just kidding lol congrats on getting accepted and attending so much work goes into this, awesome to see another driver doing this in a supra - next time I see you at the track expect me to pick your brain

OP
OP
StudioRSR

StudioRSR

First Name
StudioRSR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Looks awesome and terrifying at the same time.
Haha that's exactly the feeling the whole time + trying to remember which turns are which. Doesn't help when you have a fear of heights either lol

Awesome footage! What a time to do the hill climb with the colors in the sky! Car looks wicked too! Congrats on the build, looking forward to watching the progress! I live in Denver, hit me up next time you’re in Colorado! Would love to see it in person!
Yes, it was surreal with the first-ever run and the sunrise with all the different colors in the sky. It was like driving in the old Robin Williams movie "What Dreams May Come"

Hey buddy my supra was supposed to be the first at pikes peak :mad:.... just kidding lol congrats on getting accepted and attending so much work goes into this, awesome to see another driver doing this in a supra - next time I see you at the track expect me to pick your brain
Got 'em! Lol...
Thank you. Definitely come out next year. The Fan Fest on Friday is an awesome event as well, and not far from Denver. We're jealous of the environment you guys have out there. Beautiful scenery everywhere you look!

Status
Not open for further replies.