Ursicles

Ursicles

First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Aston Martin V8 Vantage S, Skoda Vrs 245
Was there today as well ... Was a very good day.

Went there keen to get deposit back, but seeing the car in the flesh you do wonder what the hell they have done with the press pics as the car lik s absolutely stunning.

Agree that the exhaust sounded far too quiet, but chatting to the Toyota lead - changing exhaust won't affect the warranty. He also said that yesterday Evolve and Milltek were there and will be getting cars - so a Milltek exhaust will def be on the cards.

In terms of financing, the guide I got was £33-35k residual after 3 yrs, on 4.9 Apr - that's going to make it a fantastic buy.
Sponsored

flapjack flashbang

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
A90 on order, Golf R
I'm really conflicted after the test drive event. On the road it didn't quite have the spark that other cars in the same class do (e.g. Cayman, A110), but it did feel it would be easier to live with. There was a slightly disconcerting amount of body roll getting on the power in a corner but maybe that's something you get more use to.

Taking it on the track however, has really got under my skin. When you're free to push it hard it was sublime, diving into corners, clipping the apex and powering out was very addictive, and the way it would change direction at pace was stunning.

It felt like you had to push it to track (or illegal and stupid) speeds to really get the fun factor, which is a shame, as I'm looking for a car that's fun at lower, normal speeds.

OP
OP
Ursicles

Ursicles

First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Aston Martin V8 Vantage S, Skoda Vrs 245
I really think that demand for this car is about to skyrocket - reviews coming out have it beating competitors and it will be for sale in far few numbers.

Buying and flipping i can Def see happening.

Interesting chatting to the guy who did the initial presentation who said that the day before Evolve and Milltek had both been in and both had cars in order. Also that changing the exhaust wouldn't invalidate warranty, fiddling with ECU will.

Im sorely tempted ... Waiting for more info to come out re colour swap (Def want black now) and financing.
Sponsored