The 2021 News Really Bums Me Out / Buyer's Remorse

Islindur

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Had:Yellow 2l Have: Red 3l
You guys making these arguments defending your light cars are actually confirming the point I was making (thanks for not seeing the forest from the trees). My point is there are two camps, and the guy in the article is a light car guy which biases him away from cars like the 3.0.

I don’t care to argue about which is better - it’s a “religious” topic and we’re not in agreement. I never had any intention of engaging in that debate.

Also, not counting the driver? I weigh 150 lbs. If you hypothetically weigh 350 lbs I think that would matter...
Oh I knew Your point from the begining, its just I dont agree on disregarding his opinion just because he prefers lighter feeling cars and for that reason he prefers 2.0 handling. Dont get me wrong, I liked 3.0 a lot when I drove it. In fact I'm getting Supra early next year. But I did wish it was even lighter, would have been even sharper car. So I can understand where is he comming from. His opinion doesnt make the 3.0 bad suddenly, its still hell of a car.
There is nothing to debate about actually when it comes to weight in a sports car - lighter is always universally better as it affects positevly every important aspect of the car like braking or handling. We are not talking big fat comfortable limousines, but lets leave that alone.
For the sake of comparision we assume statistic 75kg driver, shouldnt we...?

Anyway, we all enjoy the car, is it 2.0 or 3.0 for whatever reason, and thats why we all are here :)
Sponsored

kona61

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Sold Launch Edition Supra #445
Vehicle Showcase
Sadly, printing an opinion piece that will create maximum controversy is pretty much the rule of the day. Throes of death for traditional media. Good riddance.

Also, he’s one of those Miata people, which is almost certainly coloring his opinion. Definitely take even less stock in what he says knowing that.

14285194-E206-42A0-A227-59B7E7625A04.jpeg
Miata people can be a bit... overzealous about their cars. I’ve had 2 NA8s and 1 NB2 and they were fine and all, but it’s a whole different league (obviously).

thedude

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
NONE. BOUGHT BACK - 2020 Absolute Zero 3.0 Premium
Oh I knew Your point from the begining, its just I dont agree on disregarding his opinion just because he prefers lighter feeling cars and for that reason he prefers 2.0 handling. Dont get me wrong, I liked 3.0 a lot when I drove it. In fact I'm getting Supra early next year. But I did wish it was even lighter, would have been even sharper car. So I can understand where is he comming from. His opinion doesnt make the 3.0 bad suddenly, its still hell of a car.
There is nothing to debate about actually when it comes to weight in a sports car - lighter is always universally better as it affects positevly every important aspect of the car like braking or handling. We are not talking big fat comfortable limousines, but lets leave that alone.
For the sake of comparision we assume statistic 75kg driver, shouldnt we...?

Anyway, we all enjoy the car, is it 2.0 or 3.0 for whatever reason, and thats why we all are here :)
My point about not discounting the driver is that if you have a light one and a heavy one racing each other, small differences in vehicle weight can be almost entirely (if not entirely) negated if you have a heavy driver in the light car and a light driver in the heavy car...

Lap time is lap time. If a heavier car can beat the light one (oftentimes they do, just look at the Car and Driver Lightning Lap annual), then where’s the advantage?

They report the Supra they ran in the Lightning lap weighed 3372 lbs. Many of the cars in this list of all time best laps are heavier.

https://www.caranddriver.com/features/g15336568/lightning-lap-times/

veloist

Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
'93 MR2 NA, '20 BRZ tS, '20 Supra LE
I like and respectfully appreciate the driving experience that the BRZ offers. When I had to contemplate which would make a better weekend car, I chose the Supra because I asked myself which car would I rather have in doses. The Supra was the car I could enjoy more when driven little by little.

However, a void was left unfilled shortly after I got rid of the BRZ. I was missing the driving experience of the BRZ. So I decided to pick another one up, this time as a daily driver and not as a weekend car.

In the end, having both really takes care of my automobile needs!

Anyways I posted that article not to stir up this debate but rather to point out another declaration of not noticing the power difference between ‘20 and ‘21.
Sponsored