Not open for further replies.

StudioRSR

First Name
StudioRSR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Tungsten Silver Supra
Trackdays & Motorsport in general is at the heart of why we do what we do at StudioRSR, so we decided to take some of our newest employees out to Willow Springs Raceway to experience a grassroots track day hosted by our friends at JMP Autowerkz. Watch as a friendly contest ensues during prep between our Technicians "Dale" in his Subaru BRZ widebody, and Sergio in his 2020 MK5 Supra.

We'd also like to show everyone how easy it is to take your car to the track and keep the NEED FOR SPEED where it belongs. All it takes is some good brakes and a positive attitude! (Especially with our MK5 Supras)

///Here are some of the easy upgrades under $1000.00 USD Total you can do to get on track without a sweat!

///Watch our Shop 2020 Supra baseline track session in 100% stock form

///Watch our Shop 2020 Supra with some Streetable upgrades on track to compare with stock setup on track

Thank you for watching! Please LIKE and SUBSCRIBE and COMMENT with any thoughts & suggestions!

Contact us Today about upgrading your Supra!
We provide all parts & upgrades, maintain & upgrade all European, Japanese, and Domestic Sports cars:
email: [email protected]
phone: 1-844-991-5582
www.studiorsr.com

Follow us on Social Media:
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/studiorsr/
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/studiorhythmandspeedracing
Sponsored

Last edited:

trakday

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Car(s)
1969 Camaro Z/28 Trans Am race car, 2011 E92 M3 GTS, 1997 E36 M3 race car, 2020 GR SUPRA, 2020 Chevy Silverado 1500 Trail Boss
Cool video....now hows the bump steer and the numb feeling of the steering at the limit. I love my Supra but by far the sketchiest car i have ever driven at the limit.

OP
OP
StudioRSR

StudioRSR

First Name
StudioRSR
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2020 A90 Tungsten Silver Supra
Cool video....now hows the bump steer and the numb feeling of the steering at the limit. I love my Supra but by far the sketchiest car i have ever driven at the limit.
Thanks!
It's hard to say personally because I've come from tracking much older cars with much less dynamic driving capabilities, and most recently a 997 C2S on stock suspension.

Strictly speaking for the Supra at the limit, now that you mention it, does have sort of a "floaty feel". But for me, it's also very predictable to put it into that state at the limit, and very predictable to what it's going to do after an over-the-limit situation. That "floaty feel" has kind of become my sweet spot feeling for the car on a hot lap instead of fighting against it to bring myself into what feels comfortable, it's become nice to ride with it.

Now that we've put on the SPL tie-rods, that "floaty-feeling" has diminished a bit, and I can't wait to go back to our control track (Buttonwillow CW13) to really put that difference to a test. The SPL tie-rods went onto the car for Big Willow at the same time as putting on Nankang CR1's, but I've never tracked the car there before and also haven't driven the car on CR1's before.

~Robert@StudioRSR

TimM.

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2021 Supra premium
Iā€™m coming out of an S2000 and into a 2021 Supra. Maybe the ā€˜21 fixes are the reason but I found the Supra very easy and very predictable at the limit. I hear the complaints and Iā€™ve seen videos like the Throttle House video re-testing in the A91, but that hasnā€™t been my experience. I did 2.5hrs at Sonoma Raceway in high-intermediate/advanced with a completely stock car at 1500 miles on the odometer. Maybe I lucked out and got a ā€œringerā€.
I will say I was initially skittish wringing it out on canyon roads but, I think that was either due to expectations based on rumors or, the electronic stability control causing unfamiliar sensations I wasnā€™t aware of. Either way, I turned off VSC and Iā€™ve been completely comfortable with the car all the way to and beyond the limit.
Iā€™ll be back at Sonoma this weekend with racing fluids, race pads, and Sport Cup 2ā€™s (stock sizing) on 19ā€ Titan7 T-S5 wheels. Weā€™ll see if deeper corners and more track able rubber upsets the otherwise stock ā€˜21 Supra. I was easily (relatively speaking) running down sport bikes testing the wheels and tires on my tighter canyon roads.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.