Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
A weird one for me,
Have just collected a new Supra a month ago brand new in stock and the build date was JAN 2020.
No idea where they have been keeping them for over a year as the Demo car that was a 21 plate also had the same build date on the door as mine.
Same with some ex demos on auto trader I saw.

Would lead me to believe they have excess stock with how many new in stock ones I saw on auto trader.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Phil3

Phil3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Pro
On the app, my order is "Processing Order" , so stuck at the initial section.
Yes same here, it shows the plant in which it will be built at and a little map at the bottom, but still just on the initial ‘processing’ stage

jimgreen83

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota GT86, Hyundai I30N
A weird one for me,
Have just collected a new Supra a month ago brand new in stock and the build date was JAN 2020.
No idea where they have been keeping them for over a year as the Demo car that was a 21 plate also had the same build date on the door as mine.

Would lead me to believe they have excess stock with how many new in stock ones I saw on auto trader.
I received this picture from a relative who lives near the Toyota plant in Derby last October, I couldn’t believe how many they had stored there.

Attachments

Dan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
2023 G42 M240i
I received this picture from a relative who lives near the Toyota plant in Derby last October, I couldn’t believe how many they had stored there.
Thanks for the info and image!!
One of those red ones is probably mine lol

An interesting way they are making them and storing. Could of also been due to Brexit at the time last year.

Dancam73

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra Pro 3.0
I was originally going for a factory order. Placed an order and paid a deposit in May 2021, on the understanding from the dealer the car would be with me in late July/early August. Turns out it wouldn't be available till after October.

I cancelled the order, had my deposit refunded and bought one from another dealer. They had registered it, but it only had 35 miles on the clock. A brand new car as far as I'm concerned. It arrived the next week.

Well happy with that decision

Last edited:

Dancam73

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
21 Supra Pro 3.0
A weird one for me,

Yep mine too. Registered May 2021, build sticker says Feb 2020

Reactions: Dan
OP
OP
Phil3

Phil3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Pro
My Yellow 3.0 Pro order has changed from “Processing Order” to “Build in Progress” today on the MyT app

PeteBaja

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Toyota GR Supra 3.0 Pro, Toyota MR2 Mk3, Audi A2
That's great news, sounds like your dealer was on the money when they said the end of July (post #12). Hope that the delivery doesn't take too long and that you get the car soon - exciting times.
My own My T app now shows the map of the factory that you referred to in post #17 although I'm not holding my breath! At least the APR rate on my deal was 1.9% rather than 8.9% that you see for some nearly new ones.
Patience is a virtue.

OP
OP
Phil3

Phil3

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Supra 3.0 Pro
That's great news, sounds like your dealer was on the money when they said the end of July (post #12). Hope that the delivery doesn't take too long and that you get the car soon - exciting times.
My own My T app now shows the map of the factory that you referred to in post #17 although I'm not holding my breath! At least the APR rate on my deal was 1.9% rather than 8.9% that you see for some nearly new ones.
Patience is a virtue.
Agree, I did have a quick look about for dealer stock, but for an older car with miles on the clock the deals worked out more expensive… but a wait doesn’t really bother me

I’m expecting the car to maybe be at the dealers mid August, I think I’m going to hold out til 1st Sept before I collect and have it registered

PeteBaja

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Agree, I did have a quick look about for dealer stock, but for an older car with miles on the clock the deals worked out more expensive… but a wait doesn’t really bother me

I’m expecting the car to maybe be at the dealers mid August, I think I’m going to hold out til 1st Sept before I collect and have it registered
Yes, that's what I thought too. There were cars at 47k with low miles but the higher APR rate made them just as expensive as the new one that I'm waiting for.
And I'm also going to get the colour that I want rather than settling for one that would do (if you know what I mean).
And as others have said, it could be a car that's built over a year ago, much better to just wait for a bit - although in NI we don't have a new plate twice a year.

PeteBaja

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
…it’s finally hit UK soil :cool:
Glad to hear that your car has arrived, that wasn't too long a wait. It did make me contact my salesman as I was wondering why my order is taking so long given that I placed the order in January and it's looking like an 11 month wait.
He is asking Toyota GB what is going on and has been told that I now have a build number and that the car should be done before the end of October - which is still very poor, so there'd better be something to compensate over the current goodwill gesture.
Hope that you get to see your car in the metal soon.

PeteBaja

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Car(s)
Well Phil3, I hope that you're enjoying your new car today. Looks like you've had a good day weather wise, may you have the health to enjoy it for many years.
Very jealous!?
Sponsored